Delimited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delimited?

Anyone here had the Z3M delimited? - Is so, what was the max speed achieved and what software did you use?

Its not limited.

I'm doing a VMax at the end of april so will be able to tell you then.

I expect it will be between 160 and 165 mph.
    Ex 2001 S54
    New cars:
    Lotus Carlton
    350Z

Comment

Make sure your teeth are well screwed in :)

Had mine up to 150 and it was 'interesting'

Comment

At fighting torque I had 170-175 ish on the speedo, TBH the car was pretty unstable at much above 140 on the clock.

I'd say the useable speed of the car is around 140 mph (obviously where you can i.e the 'ring), anything above that is quite dodgy and didn't really feel safe, even on a runway.
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

Yeah I am with you on that one....over 140 and there was a fair amount of clenching going on...

The E36 M3 I had felt much more stable at those sort of speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
            Yeah I am with you on that one....over 140 and there was a fair amount of clenching going on...

The E36 M3 I had felt much more stable at those sort of speeds.
            I had an Indicated 180 mph on my E46 M3 and that was still feeling stable !
            Ex 2001 S54
            New cars:
            Lotus Carlton
            350Z

Comment

Not been able to go > 140 on the autobahns, due to traffic. Haven't been at that speed on the Ring!

Comment

I've topped mine out a few times and for me it seems to get more stable at higher speeds. For some reason (relatively) it's 90+ to low 100s where it doesn't feel as planted in mine. I think standard susepnsion vs lowered/stiff must make difference. Mine feels unsettled at some motorway speeds as it's fairly stiff.

Comment

interesting reading,i was at an airfield and decided to plant my foot into the carpet to see what would happen and the speedo just carried on and on right round to 160 and the car seemed better from 120 onwards...right up to the full house...ime running standard with no mods exept white line droplinks..my trouble was stopping before running into to something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

definitely agree, had my bog-standard one up to 145 on German Autobahn. Got a bit hairy around 120 but got smoother around 135-145. Not been higher than (felt plenty fast...)

Comment

I've had mine on the private test facility at an indicated 170 (amazing how easily it got there) and it felt smooth and very stable. That's with stiffer suspension.

Comment

Working...
                      X