Vanos service / replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanos service / replace

Does anyone know where I can buy a vanos service kit or recon vanos?

I have some slight noise coming from the vanos and appear to be down on low down torque.

I have emailed mr vanos, called three times and left a voicemail, he is yet to reply.

My mechanic has previously carried out a vanos service so I'm happy for him to do the work if I can find a service kit... The car is 1998 S50

You can buy a kit from the States but you also need some parts from your dealer - website has all the info

http://www.beisansystems.com/procedu..._procedure.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      You can buy a kit from the States but you also need some parts from your dealer - website has all the info

http://www.beisansystems.com/procedu..._procedure.htm
      Thanks for the reply dave. Does the S50 have a double or single vanos?

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
        Thanks for the reply dave. Does the S50 have a double or single vanos?
        Double - they call it the "Euro" S50

Comment

Thanks again Dave.

The washer kits from beisansystems looks good but I'm looking for a full kit from one supplier due to my lack of parts knowledge.

Does anyone know if mr vanos is still trading? He does a full kit for £240 including new bolts / covers / filters and gaskets, I'm just not keep on placing an order online with someone who doesn't take calls or answer emails.

Comment

I think there is another one called "Mr Vanos"?

First thing to check is that the wires havent broke inside the casing for the solenoids, this can be checked with a meter for continuity between the cable pins on the vanos connectors.

Comment

Steve Aka Mr Vanos...refurbed my Vanos..uprated everything,he is mobile and i can recommend him.He maybe on holliday...well worth persevering not just a case of replacing bits but then setting up inlet and outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                I think there is another one called "Mr Vanos"?

First thing to check is that the wires havent broke inside the casing for the solenoids, this can be checked with a meter for continuity between the cable pins on the vanos connectors.
                Thanks CW I'll give this a try tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                  Steve Aka Mr Vanos...refurbed my Vanos..uprated everything,he is mobile and i can recommend him.He maybe on holliday...well worth persevering not just a case of replacing bits but then setting up inlet and outlet.
                  Cheers kwoffa, I ll give Steve a week or so to see if he gets back to me as I'd really like this done by the top man in the country which I believe he is.

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
                    Cheers kwoffa, I ll give Steve a week or so to see if he gets back to me as I'd really like this done by the top man in the country which I believe he is.
                    I found he wasn't great with the communication side of his business also. Ordered seal kit and bolts online and they turned up. Just couldn't ever get in touch with him to discuss what I needed.
                    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I meant Dr Vanos in my other post! (as you'd already tried Mr Vanos).

Comment

Thanks CW.... I wonder if he's a real doctor?

Comment

Hi,
                          Had my Vanos done last week by Mr Vanos. He was on holiday for a couple of weeks around the dates you've tried. My engine has never sounded so good and he did the valve clearances at the same time which is handy as mine is in for a service 2 now. Expensive summer but it will be as good as new. If you call him around 10am I found was the best time to make contact.

Comment

How much was that boogar

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

£750 + Vat so £900.
                              He left his house at 5.45am and arrived at my house at 2.15pm . He said he's doing around 3 a week at the mo. A really good bloke and would recommend.

Comment

Working...
                              X