Starting issue with M Coupe, S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting issue with M Coupe, S50

I seem to have an electrical issue which is driving me mad...

Noticed the other day that windows seemed sluggish (had not used car for about 3 weeks) so popped battery out to charge up fully.

In the past this has worked perfectly, but now when I put key in ignition, the car will not start. Dash lights all work, no dimming of headlights, fuel pump comes on, windows and sunroof fine, all usual whirring, but just nothing when I turn the key...

First thought was immobiliser problem. Key still locks/unlocks doors, switches interior light on etc, have checked earthing points under bonnet and they look ok....any ideas before I call the dreaded auto electrician?

First time I have had this happen on any of my BMWs...help would be most appreciated!

IF the battery is ok the engine control unit (DME) & immobiliser unit (EWS) may need realigning, something which is very easy to do with the correct software.
    Before you get the car recovered or ask anyone to look at it make sure they have the facilities to do this.

Its fairly rare but can happen when a battery is disconnected, for this reason I would never remove a battery to charge it.

Comment

Update to starting issue... Fuse 31

So, it appears fuse 31 is the culprit. Replaced it and car burst into life, when I then switched off and try to restart, fuse blew again...

I see this not only controls starter motor, but immobiliser, OBC, instrument cluster, and central body electronics. As car starts with fuse am guessing immobilser and ECU are fine, just need to find out from where the problem is originating.

Any one else out there had similiar issue ?

Comment

It's fucked..........LS it.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
          It's fucked..........LS it.

your a bad boy !

Comment

Working...
          X