No announcement yet.

Silverstone Classic 2020 - * Cancelled *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible that they haven't declared either way yet, but I admire their optimism
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
      Incredible that they haven't declared either way yet, but I admire their optimism

Doesn't sound like they want to refund tickets - not happy with them having my £100 if it gets pushed back to next year

Comment

They really are stringing it out. You'd know by now if there was any chance of running anything worth running.
        I think they're trying to get away with going ahead with the very minimum of anything happening, just to keep the ticket revenue. Then charge all over again next year.

If Goodwood can make the call they can surely.
        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Gits! Glad I haven’t bought a ticket

Comment

I don't think they have a leg to stand on if people want a refund , I wont attend any event unless its safe to do so and I cant see anyway an event like the classis can be until this virus is gone

Comment

FAQ's page

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/faqs

says they will be making a decision regarding refund end of May

quote,
              "We will be making a decision on this year’s Silverstone Classic by the end of May and will be back in touch then with details of all the options available to all ticket holders. Please bear with us."

Comment

Latest,

https://mailchi.mp/silverstoneclassi...1?e=ecc9d12969

Cancelled, real shame but at least they are offering a full refund

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Latest,

https://mailchi.mp/silverstoneclassi...1?e=ecc9d12969

Cancelled, real shame but at least they are offering a full refund
                  Yep, just seen the email. Think I’ll just defer my ticket to next year
                  1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Did you notice this bit ?

As an independent events company passionate about what we do

That might not be there next year. But it might be run by another company
                    I would take the money and run

Book next year
                    Just my 2p
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I will certainly be asking for my money back and hopefully as I paid on credit card I will get a refund regardless of what happens to Goose, shame they are dragging things out.

Comment

Still no update regarding refunds but site just says they will advise sometime in June (last day no doubt) I would like to apologise to any forum members who bought tickets for this years event and has there money tied up .

I will email and ask for a refund as I am not happy with my money being held for so long for an event which isn't taking place. Not impressed with the organisation and its lack of contact.

Comment

Yes I’ll be getting a refund and rebook next year when the dates are revealed. Pleased to say that I have eventually got my hotel booking sorted as I had got a great deal at the Double Tree Hilton at Milton Keynes which was “non refundable booking” under normal circumstances. Back in March they had said that bookings of this type could be cancelled without penalty up to end of June. When I enquired I was told I was still liable to be billed if I cancelled at that point, the guy said sit tight as the dates may change. Thankfully over the weekend the email came through to say dates for cancellation moved to end of August, job done, cancelled. 👍
                          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                          1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Latest regarding next year and refunds for ticket purchased for 2020

https://mailchi.mp/silverstoneclassi...4?e=ecc9d12969

Comment

Anyone wishing to get a refund for this years tickets please be aware you need to request a refund before the 31st July 5pm.

I would recommend anyone who has bought tickets for the forum display to get their money back and start again next year (subject to the forum taking part or going down another avenue in 2021)

Comment

Thanks Dave, I have just submitted my request for a refund. I will buy new tickets next year once we know what is happening and when.
                                Cheers
                                Martin
                                1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X