This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knights Garage

A quiet afternoon so I thought I'd vent my spleen re my recent experiences with Knights Garage. Firstly let me preface this (rant?) by saying I'm sure there are plenty of customers delighted with the service they've had from Knights Garage but I am not one of them. I will try to keep it brief:

It began when I saw the Imola S50 with Hartge wheels on their website stating that the wheels are available separately - I've been hunting for a set of these for a while now so I made a small diversion and dropped in to see KG at their unit on an industrial estate in Thame (bit of a contrast to the impression given by the images on their website, I might add).

I was a little taken aback by Russell's reception when I rang the buzzer. "Appointments only" apparently. The Google search I did to get the postcode while travelling showed "open today 9am - 5:30pm" and whilst each listing does state "we look forward to your questions and appointments to view", I didn’t think it would be an issue to drop in and meet a fellow enthusiast, especially since I was going to discuss the purchase of a set of wheels, so didn't need to see a fully prep'd car.

Anyway, having firmly been told "it DOES state 'appointments only' on the website" (which it does not), I progressed the conversation to the wheels I wished to buy. Russell advised me that the owner wishes to revert the car to standard and sell the Hartge wheels separately and that they're £1000. "Excellent", I said, "I have £1000 in my pocket and I'd like to buy them please." Russell informed me that the car's not coming until next week, so, I gave him my details and asked him to contact me when the car is in and I'd come back to buy the wheels - he did not call. The conversation then briefly continued until Russell became pre-occupied with a text message on his phone and was not focusing on our conversation at all. He read out part of the text - I'll spare the details but suffice to say it could've waited - but instead he simply muttered that he wants to make a call and then he walked out through the back door leaving me to see myself out. I was a little stunned but anyway, no need to get upset, I thought - at least I'd verbally secured the wheels, so fingers crossed for next week...

That evening Russell called me. "Ah a great businessman always follows up a new contact / customer" you must be thinking - maybe even an apology for cutting short our earlier conversation. No. He called to tell me of change to what he'd told me earlier. Apparently the vendor has changed his mind and wants to give a buyer the option of having the car with the Hartge wheels for £20k OR with the standard wheels for £19k - I said that the vendor has a willing buyer for the wheels with cash waiting and Russell's terse reply was "Well it's the customer's car and he can do what he likes!"

So, I said I'd wait and see and hopefully be in touch. Sure enough, this week the car is showing as "under offer" so today I thought I'd drop Russell a line to see if the buyer is having the wheels or not - fingers crossed!!! It was a short conversation in which Russell simply advised me that "the buyer is unsure if he's having the wheels and besides if he doesn't have them I'm keeping them for myself!"

Unbelievable!

I now wonder if my offer to buy the wheels was ever put to the vendor...

I wonder, was Russell ever an estate agent?

Matthew,

Not quite the full story, but hey ho.

I have just had the prospective buyer look at the car and he has confirmed he doesn't want the wheels, so this afternoon so I ran it past my wife who has decided on some plans for us so frustratingly I can't keep them, correct yes you 'were' the person for them.

Between the owner and I we decided the buyer of the car as is presented will have the first choice of the wheels, as I've told you quite a few times now. (as the Coupe is NOT sold yet I cannot sell them to you). Currently it is NOT drivable on the standard Roadsters which have illegal rear tread, so I cannot take it for an MOT on Monday carry out test drives in the interim.

If today's viewer buys the car today and now I have been told I can't justify the cost for them to be stored then you would've been called tomorrow to let you know that you could have them. I can't say fairer than that.

Each advert states "We look forward to your questions and appointments to view." Mostly to ensure someone is here to spend the time required for each appointment and to ensure the cars are here to view. You live 15 minutes away so when compared to the guy who today collected a car from 4 hours away he would be that happy when a car is not here to see. I am also very busy and sometimes can't put aside the time I would want to spend with people. Out of politeness a pre phone call asking to come over in my eyes would be the way to do it. I would've welcomed at any time of day or night but that particular day 2 hours later ideally, or not at all, as the car was not here so to not waste our time.

That afternoon I had an MOT to get to in 20 minutes and 2 phone calls to make before I left, so yes I had to prioritise those appointments so not to let other people down.

My wife had text me something which could have been a very upsetting for us so I needed to address it immediately. Given you had just turned up without an appointment. I excused myself for a moment made a very quick phone call and took your details, which I still have and I said I would call when the car was in and we knew the next steps..the car arrived 6 days later - Thursday and as repeated, I can't conform the outcome of the wheels.

Given the amount of cars and people wanting to view indoors, with ramp facilities we have a unit to store the cars. The photo of the garage is on our website and IMO is a great venue for what we do and the size of MY business.

Your manor is quite direct and quite frankly rude, especially when you don't get your own way. The owner knows there 'was' a buyer (you) for the wheels and was happy about that aspect, if the car was sold without them (for reasons state above)(why would he not be happy with the extra £1,000)? and no I haven't been an estate agent FYI.

Regards

Russell
    Last edited by KnightsG; 15-04-2016, 04:46 PM.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Dear oh dear,

I don't see it appropriate to have a public argument but will respond nonetheless.

I tried to make my post as brief as possible and only included the salient points so as not to bore forum readers.

I think the biggest cause of my chagrin is that despite being told last week that I had first refusal (if the car buyer didn't want the wheels) when I called you at around 1pm today and you said the car is on site, I asked if it's worth coming to see the wheels and you clearly told me there's no point because if the buyer doesn't take them with the car you'll be having them for yourself. There was no ambiguity or "maybe" or "I need to run it past my wife" about it. Either the buyer is having the wheels or you are having the wheels. Again, somewhat galling since we'd previously agreed that I'm first on the list if the car buyer doesn't want them.

With regards my unannounced visit, I did say at the time that I was pretty much passing by so I thought I'd drop in (I was fully prepared to head off if you were with a customer). However, you certainly didn't appear to be busy and I was definitely the only customer you had at that time.

Frankly I left your place in a state of shock at how abruptly you ended our conversation - literally turning and walking away. Regarding your wife's text (not an emergency phone call, but just a text) about misplacing her wedding ring - what on earth could you have done whilst at work? Anyway, I trust it has since been found and all is well again in the Knight household.

Your comment about me being rude "especially" when I don't get my own way is absurd and insulting, you don’t know me from Adam - we've met once and spoken on the phone twice and you've been generally standoffish and discourteous.

I thought that maybe I'd caught you on a bad day, but having heard from others who have had disappointing viewings at KG and having seen some of your somewhat arrogant posts on here I just felt I had to say something. Some of your other posts do seem argumentative so maybe that's just in your nature.

All the best,
      M

Comment

Guys not the best place carry out this...
        I would add the Russell was very polite in my recent enquiries.

Think this should be closed

Comment

Agreed. Just an anomaly I guess / hope.

Comment

I have closed this thread but you can always contact me or any of the other moderators by private message if you want to discuss further.

Comment

Working...
            X