Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension

Hi, I am planning on ordering H&R lowering springs and Bilstein B8 dampers and guess I should replace the top mounts at the same time. There seems to have been a lot of discussion regarding rear top mounts and wondered what is best?
    Thanks
    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
    sigpic

The Rogue ones are a good bet and well proven. Happy with mine.

I ordered mine from Crest Automotive Tuning in the UK.

http://www.catune.co.uk/home.php

Comment

Another vote for rogue , expensive but high quality and can be rebuilt if ever needed.

Comment

Looks like I will have to splash out on the Rogue top mounts then!
        Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I have taken the plunge and ordered the rogue top mounts, h&r springs and b8 dampers. I guess I should replace the front top mounts whilst I'm at it? Any suggestions about what are best would be appreciated?
          Cheers
          Martin
          sigpic

Comment

Nice one, I'm sure it will be worth it, very happy with my similar setup!

Top mount wise I think most people go OEM, I did, they are quite pricey and at times availability has been patchy, but I think most would say they are the best bet.

I think there are some fancy adjustable ones available but they are more track focussed/might lead to harshness.

The OEM top mounts are specific to the E36 M3 Evo and Z3M so not commonly used.

I think Dave may be able to confirm, that perhaps the manufacturer that makes the BMW supplied ones is Lemforder, you might be able to get them directly as Lemforder and not from BMW.

Comment

I've just bought a pair of Corteco front top mounts, as part of the front suspension/steering/brake renewal I'm undertaking. Very nice quality and about £60 each.

Comment

Years ago BMW dealers were the only source for the Z3M top mounts, but there's quite a few aftermarket options now at reasonable prices.

I ran mine swapped L to R to give more negative camber when I was doing more trackdays, but I've currently got 3.0 E36 M3 (pre-1995) top mounts fitted which sit somewhere in the middle of the stock and swapped positions so I still have camber but as much as swapping them over. Had to get them from the US as they have been discontinued.

Comment

Thanks guys, not planning on taking the mc on the track so will probably go with the Corteco top mounts as seem reasonable, but lots of places out of stock of the left hand side for some reason.
                  sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue then a new batch arrived. I bought from Autodoc in Germany and the parts arrived in a few days.
                    However, that was prior to the full implementation of Brexit. Subsequent orders for steering parts and wheel bearings took over three weeks to get here...

Comment

Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
                      Nice one, I'm sure it will be worth it, very happy with my similar setup!

Top mount wise I think most people go OEM, I did, they are quite pricey and at times availability has been patchy, but I think most would say they are the best bet.

I think there are some fancy adjustable ones available but they are more track focussed/might lead to harshness.

The OEM top mounts are specific to the E36 M3 Evo and Z3M so not commonly used.

I think Dave may be able to confirm, that perhaps the manufacturer that makes the BMW supplied ones is Lemforder, you might be able to get them directly as Lemforder and not from BMW.

Yes I think the original parts are made by Lemforder

https://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/31332227898-oen

Comment

Just by way of an update I eventually got the h&r lowering springs and bilstein b8 dampers fitted all round and new top mounts including the rogue rear top mounts. I had the h&r anti roll bars fitted a couple of years ago.

I must say the ride and handling of the mc is now absolutely spot on and I would thoroughly recommend the set up to anyone!
                        sigpic

Comment

Great choice

Comment

Working...
                          X