rocker cover studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocker cover studs

hello all,having a bit of an engine bay tidey up today and as usuall got carried away.long story short i noticed that two of my rocker stud bolts were loose (threads stripped).not a problem as no oil leaking but i am doing vanos soon so will so will have to sort this at the same time.does anyone have any experience with this or is it a streight forward helicoil job,cheers jess.

Jess I have been advised by my inde that a couple of mine are just about hanging on and will need to be repaired next time the shims are checked, helicoil is what they recommend

Comment

Had all mine redone earlier this year after mr Vanos pointed out a load were stripped. Took it to my usual guy who is very good and he said it was a pig of a job, although I can’t remember why he said it was a pain. Maybe the fact it was nearly every one that needed done

Comment

rocker studs

thank you for replies ,it seems to be more common a problem than i thought.i have re tapped holes before but never tried helicoil threads.how did you get on with mr vanos,i tried to cotact someone in hartlepool but they never got back to me also was it a home visit job,cheers jess

Comment

Mr Vanos came to where I store the car just outside glasgow. Very knowledgable and also a nice guy.

Comment

Mine were heilcoiled soon after I bought the car (probably 10 years ago now!) - no issues since. Due to overzelous use of power tools to tighten them...

My Vanos did my vanos. Nice guy, cam to my home in Bucks and did it there. He tends to line up a few cars over a couple of days and travels down.
            '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

I think its a fine thread on these bolts which doesn't help

Comment

Working...
              X