Anyone else live in London ULEZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else live in London ULEZ

Or at least, the expanded one from April next year?

I live just inside the south circular so will be caught I think. So now having a bit of a dilemma what to do (sell or keep). For the last couple of years I have been running the coupe as my only car, but paying £15 for every journey doesn't feel sustainable.

Just wondering if anyone has an ingenious solution to this?

Whether I sell or keep the coupe, I'll likely need another car which doesn't seem very efficient when I barely drive as it is. I have spent a long time browsing M2 classifieds .....

Interestingly, I have seen at least 2 other coupes regularly parked in Chiswick so I know others are in the same boat :)

Same issue eventually but it’s a 3rd car so not bothered but it’s a bit harsh i think on the enthusiast car market

Not a fan of the London mayor

Comment

Also have the same issue, compounded by the car being on the street.

I expect the car to be off to road for some of the year (hoping to do a proper restoration before we export it), so that will avoid some use. Unfortunately even the S54s are caught by this too, which negates a potential swap

I struggle to see how the M5 can be compliant though.

Edit: and I’m in Chiswick too.
      ‘99 M Coupe | ‘07 M5 Touring

Comment

Sue them. Robbers. So lucky to live in poor Poland but got friends from UK

S50 estoril 12/1998
        S50 titansilver 03/2000

Comment

Originally posted by DBA086 View Post
          Also have the same issue, compounded by the car being on the street.

I expect the car to be off to road for some of the year (hoping to do a proper restoration before we export it), so that will avoid some use. Unfortunately even the S54s are caught by this too, which negates a potential swap

I struggle to see how the M5 can be compliant though.

Edit: and I’m in Chiswick too.
          A bit belatedly - I’m quite sure it is your car I’ve seen parked up (and your M5!). There’s another in Chiswick too in Grove Park area.

I ran the plate for an s54 through the ULEZ site and it said it was OK? But I wouldn’t want another one, too many memories attached to mine.

Comment

Also my original post referencing April 2021 was wrong - the zone doesn’t expand until October. I had done a deal for a new M2C but pulled out after the MC bailed me out by having an enormous boot for a 2 seater coupe. What other car in it’s glass gives that level of practicality??

Comment

Originally posted by Equistar View Post
              A bit belatedly - I’m quite sure it is your car I’ve seen parked up (and your M5!). There’s another in Chiswick too in Grove Park area.

I ran the plate for an s54 through the ULEZ site and it said it was OK? But I wouldn’t want another one, too many memories attached to mine.
              I think there’s a few in the area - I see blue and red ones quite regularly.

That’s Good news about the s54 (I had been told they wouldn’t fly). I might even begin the search!
              ‘99 M Coupe | ‘07 M5 Touring

Comment

Yes - S54s are fine for now, although at the rate the current Mayor is going, all cars could be banned any day now...

I'm obviously sympathetic to the need to reduce emissions in London, but I have an increasing sense of sadness as I walk around the area were I live and see all of the awesome older cars which will presumably be gone next October. There a pair of 80s Saab 900's around the corner (one turbo, with three spoke wheels), and a pristine W129 SL500 in my street, not to mention my own Range Rover classic which is hard enough to justify keeping on the road as it is.

I guess the flip side is that, even if you drive every weekend (which most don't), then the tax is about £600 per year, which is about three tanks of fuel for the Range Rover.

Comment

Working...
                X