BBS Alloys for my new MC......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sk8flex View Post
    Can you post some more pics of your car with the RXIIs?
    Here you go.

/// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

suits you sir
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by N7KHO View Post
        I was thinking of treating myself....again..... and fitting some 18" BBS alloys........

Could i have some advice please........

1) What are the best style to go for.....

2) What sizes do you order to fit onto the car as normal......

3) Where is the best place to buy them.......

Many thanks......
        Just to give you a little taster...seeing as you car's also steel grey.

I don't think I've seen a better looking MC but of course...each to their own!

:-)

Comment

Hmmm....picture didn't seem to work out.
          Any pointers please?

Comment

Exdos, your car looks much nicer with the older tyres on in that latest picture; the taller tyres just don't look right IMO in the other earlier photo (at the Ring). It might be just an illusion but the pictures above seem to have a deeper dish to the rear too??

LMs are my favourites IF the rear has the proper dish/offset, not some spaced out 3-series fitment.

Rondel 0021 probably give the biggest rear dish 10x17, the dish is almost 1" deeper than the factor 9" rim. This the only other 17" wheel that I think looks good apart from the OEM wheel. Looks good in 18s too.

Last edited by c_w; 30-11-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
              Exdos, your car looks much nicer with the older tyres on in that latest picture; the taller tyres just don't look right IMO in the other earlier photo (at the Ring). It might be just an illusion but the pictures above seem to have a deeper dish to the rear too??
              I agree the profile of the 265s on the rear look aesthetically better than with 285s. BUT, I couldn't obtain Falken 452s in the 285s with the corresponding profile and I wanted to try 285s so I had to accept the larger profile. I think the 285s are worth having so I'll live with it. They're the same rims in both lots of photos, so the dish is the same.
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

BBS RSGTs 18". Front diamond black, rear silver - have since had the rears converted to diamond black. It's quite a subtle shade. Profiles may look slightly strange as tyres are R888s.
                For what it's worth, I think silver LMs may be too bright for steel grey

Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Awesome looking car...

- Photo uploaded in 'Gallery' titled 'Steel Grey M Coupe' -
                  Last edited by guido; 30-11-2009, 06:02 PM. Reason: Updated...

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
                    Awesome looking car...

- Photo uploaded in 'Gallery' titled 'Steel Grey M Coupe' -
                    very nice....

Comment

Breyton's do a nice Z3m fitment

ps I know I need 10mm spacers on the rear
                      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                        very nice....

That looks a very nice shade of blue to me. Any normally lit photos guido?
                        Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Love the idea of the dish on the phoenix yellow m3!

Its all about the dish.

on my e90 m3, i am looking for a dished wheel of some sort but nothing looks that OEM so may remain with what I have at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
                            Sorry, only this one but it's very much a steel grey..

Comment

MMmmmmmm......Steel Grey..... .....Just a little biased......
                              Sytners BMW-Steel Grey S54-Red/Black Leather-Totally Standard.....

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
                                Hi, I think the LM`s look the best with the steel grey, the Silver MC looks great on its wheels but think it would be too bright for the "Stealth/understated" look of the Steel Grey. What size do i need to get..??? I dont understand the whole spacer thing....Will i just buy and bolt on- I want to keep the authenticity of the car anyway........Advice as ever most appreciated.....

Can anyone tell me that its normal to feel the need to go and look at your car at any opportunity, marvell its lines, walk round it and totally admire it`s beauty-My Misses thinks i have lost the plot.......
                                Sytners BMW-Steel Grey S54-Red/Black Leather-Totally Standard.....

Comment

Working...
                                X