No announcement yet.

Silver S50 with ACS parts journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've become quite difficult to find now. I've now got hold of a Z4 wheel, when I get some time I'll figure out how the hub needs to be machined to fit.
    2001 S54 Silver with Red/Black interior. Totally standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatter View Post
      They've become quite difficult to find now. I've now got hold of a Z4 wheel, when I get some time I'll figure out how the hub needs to be machined to fit.

It has been done before by Ron Stygar

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/bmw_ronstygar.html

Comment

• Thanks, Dave (and your encyclopaedic knowledge...). I couldn't see a write up on that page, do you know if one exists? I've searched before and all the write ups seem to have disappeared?

Comment

Thanks, Dave (and your encyclopaedic knowledge...). I couldn't see a write up on that page, do you know if one exists? I've searched before and all the write ups seem to have disappeared?
          Some details here,

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...heel-installed

Comment

• Thanks again, Dave. It's strange, there are lots of threads with links to other threads describing the work required. When you follow the links they always end up with the thread having been removed. It's almost like someone got nervous about liability. I haven't been able to find a single detailed write up.

Comment

Thanks again, Dave. It's strange, there are lots of threads with links to other threads describing the work required. When you follow the links they always end up with the thread having been removed. It's almost like someone got nervous about liability. I haven't been able to find a single detailed write up.
              May be worth starting a new thread to keep Tony's journal tidy, there may not be a detailed write up on the net but the pictures show a method of making the e36 slip ring attach to the z4m wheel which is the difficult part
              Last edited by Dave P; 24-05-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Of course. Sorry, Tony.

Comment

Of course. Sorry, Tony.
                  No worries chaps and good luck with the search for that fitting info
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

• 24/08/20 - new front discs fitted along with EBC yellowstuff pads - not bedded in yet but they already feel so much better than the EBC discs that the previous owner fitted

Comment

• God I bloody love driving this thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                        God I bloody love driving this thing
                        Having had my first extended runs in the car this weekend - 1000 miles to Northumberland & back and lots of 8000rpm action up there, I have to say it's totally addictive & intoxicating! The noise it makes at the red line, just has to be wrung out in every gear!

Not to mention the looks from everyone wherever you go....
                        ----------------
                        David
                        1999 M Coupe (S50)
                        >>Read my journal here<<
                        2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                        2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

• there arent mamy many of us up north,only 4 that i know of from darlington to the borders.if you are up this way again let me know .there are some excellent roads and quiet if you head inland.

Comment

• Thanks Jess - we spent most time inland - the only bit of coast we did was the obligatory trip to Holy Island for photos along the causeway.
                            Be sure to let you know next time I'm that way!
                            ----------------
                            David
                            1999 M Coupe (S50)
                            >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

• Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                              Having had my first extended runs in the car this weekend - 1000 miles to Northumberland & back and lots of 8000rpm action up there, I have to say it's totally addictive & intoxicating! The noise it makes at the red line, just has to be wrung out in every gear!

Not to mention the looks from everyone wherever you go....
                              Originally posted by jess robson View Post
                              there arent mamy many of us up north,only 4 that i know of from darlington to the borders.if you are up this way again let me know .there are some excellent roads and quiet if you head inland.
                              Yes these cars are very addictive and they do attract a bit of attention, I've even had someone a few years ago leaning out of passenger window on a car which overtook me taking a photograph of the car (only in a 40mph zone).

Great first road trip on some great stretches of road.

If we take the area from Leeds/Lincoln up to Borders I think we have around 8 or 9 MCs owners including Jess and myself. So David if you up this way again let us know.
                              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                              1986 M635
                              1985 E28 M5
                              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

• Oh for sure!
                                Next time may be to take to the highlands maybe....
                                ----------------
                                David
                                1999 M Coupe (S50)
                                >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Working...
                                X