My First Z3M Coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheers Dave.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• Tyres on the drive came and sorted the front tyres.

Last edited by Jonnysideways; 27-09-2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Next is to start refreshing the front end.

bushes and drop links first job.

All on order.
        Last edited by Jonnysideways; 30-09-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Noticed the link to all my pictures has gone funny as all my images have disappeared in Chrome, and as the guys say, work in Edge, that was a scary moment lol.
          Last edited by Jonnysideways; 30-09-2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
            Noticed the link to all my pictures has gone funny as all my images have disappeared.
            pictures don't appear to be showing in chrome but are in edge

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              pictures don't appear to be showing in chrome but are in edge
              Pictures showing in Safari too
              1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

• Cheers Ian, was just about to do some research lol. There was a update I accepted the other day now I think about it, so might be that.
                Last edited by Jonnysideways; 30-09-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• And finally, my Z3 gets an oil cooler assembly.

All the great past projects and help from fellow members made fitting it much easier, but I did give in and pull the bumper off to make it easier.

Annoyingly the top nut form the bumper has started to spin, so I have started prep for pulling the bumper cover off on Saturday, weather permitting.

Then onto the front ARB mounts, drop links and if I'm feeling brave the lower steering arm bushes.
                  Last edited by Jonnysideways; 04-10-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• So working on Saturday in the rain as is often the case in the UK.

New parts starting to arrive, so whilst the car was in the air I would review the ARB situation.

ARB and mounts not looking in great shape, so will way up the price of new BMW OEM v's H&R

Oil Cooler now where it needs to be.

and the car is back together for a 2nd or is it 3rd time, but now with all its internal plastics replaced.

The ARB job will have to wait until parts arrive, and drop links will be replaced at the same time, then onto the rear and the long running thoughts of springs...
                    Last edited by Jonnysideways; 04-10-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• The new front stabiliser bar (ARB) and mounts have ordered. Although the price of a front and rear bar from BMW is close to the price of the H&R kit, I'm still trying to keep close to OEM spec, and have opted to go OEM and Polly bush as a compromise. Had I not already bought the bushes, financially it would have been a closer prospect.

Comment

• Though the parts are on order, I thought I would finish removing the drop links and the ARB and get the area ready for when the new stabiliser bar arrives.

job is a bit easier as only have to remove one nut

The nut fought me a far bit, but gave up in the end.

I have the arms a quick deburr and removed most of the rust.

The ARB is just a bit to far gone, and it will no longer smoothly move in the bushes.

The drivers side drop link put up more of a fight... so a hacksaw was introduced.

New drop links added in preparation for the new ARB

Not new or posh powder coat, but some smooth hammerite will make it 100% better, and keep the rust at bay, as £230 a side, I'm not quite ready to replace them to look pretty.
                        Last edited by Jonnysideways; 28-10-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• I have a good used rear ARB if you need one?

Comment

• ARB and mounts arrived, as its new old stock, it was a bit unloved, so decided to treat it to some love, and a lick of fresh paint.

New Powerflex bushes right at home

and onto the car, with new mounts and nuts.

Front end nearly done, just the lower steering joint bushes when they arrive.

Comment

• New Bits

Powerflex Front Lower Wishbone Rear Bush Caster Offset - PFF5-303CP1

Some new control arm mountings to make my life easier.

And I took the plunge and risked swapping the lower steering shaft.

Comment

• Old shaft was looking a bit tired, and actually hade a clicking movement in the bush, and signs of wearing around the rivets.

Link to shaft play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO1ogs8HE4U

New one now at home, and the steering is much better, and much more responsive, very happy with the difference.

Again big shout out to R G Lewis Tattenhall, my local Indy, who allowed me to drop the car on them, short notice, and they quickly sorted it out for me. Cheers Karl !!

Comment

Working...
                                X