X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Coupe vs. Tuscan

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/203023...e-v-tvr-tuscan

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

I read this just before buying my S50 last year, it's a good read with some nice photos.

I do feel like the mags only spin the S54 sometimes though :) Natural as it's the last of the breed but an S50 still has appeal and comes cheaper.

Before the Coupe I had a TVR Griff 500. Not driven a Tuscan but I understand they are actually quite underrated, the Speed 6 engine although lovely somewhat put me off, as did the claustrophobic cabin.

Comment

My dad used to have a Tuscan and I loved it (pre M Coupe) in that swordfish colour. The engine was incredible (once all sorted) but unfortunately he put it in a fence in the wet!

Comment

Good article, thanks.
        Doesn’t make me feel like swapping for a TVR though
        S54 M Coupe
        D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Thank you for sharing this article, I really enjoy reading it.

Comment

Not like for like cars but worth a read

Comment

Nice article. I'm going to pass this to my buddy when I help him install the parts (removed) onto his truck. He's looking at a TVR Tuscan as next project.
              Last edited by Fat Tony; 24-09-2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentDM View Post
                Nice article. I'm going to pass this to my buddy when I help him install the parts (removed) onto his truck. He's looking at a TVR Tuscan as next project.
                Brent, while you're welcome to post useful and relevant content, please don't keep using the forum as an advertising platform. All links and mentions of your wheel/tire sites will be removed. Thank you.
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Not like for like cars but worth a read
                  I don't know if it's what you meant Dave but I don't think it's a comparison either.

I prefer my cars to be built professionally on a production line, not glued together in Blackpool by some old boy in a cow gown with a roll up stuck to his bottom lip. I also prefer them not to smell like a canoe too.

Comment

One of the things that amused me about my Griffith was how the rear speakers were installed into the fibreglass.

They drilled many small holes in a circle and then cut the hole out rather than using a hole saw, maybe the fiberglass cracks etc but still made me laugh.

Also going down the M1 in the poring rain and stuffing tissues into the door jam to stop me getting wet.

But with a 5 Litre unsilenced V8 and those looks it made you feel like a man!!!

Comment

This is actually my car and I was there when the shooting was done at Bedford autodrome.

Really interesting to see how it all comes together - a few behind the scenes pics below. As a bonus, i was driving during the tracking shot which made it to the front cover of the Mag.

The cover shooting takes hours and is all done a very low speeds as the three cars are actually really close together.

You can see in one photo there's an R32 GTR in the background. It was supposed to part of the story, but broke down after about 5 mins. For the better I think as it was heavily modified.

[IMG][/IMG]
                      [IMG][/IMG]
                      [IMG][/IMG]
                      [IMG][/IMG]
                      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by rsleff View Post
                        This is actually my car and I was there when the shooting was done at Bedford autodrome.

Really interesting to see how it all comes together - a few behind the scenes pics below. As a bonus, i was driving during the tracking shot which made it to the front cover of the Mag.

The cover shooting takes hours and is all done a very low speeds as the three cars are actually really close together.

You can see in one photo there's an R32 GTR in the background. It was supposed to part of the story, but broke down after about 5 mins. For the better I think as it was heavily modified.

[IMG][/IMG]
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        What an amazing experience and story to tell!

Comment

Lovely to see. I like the Stelvio Quad chase car too!

The pictures of your car in the mag are great, that sort of low angle accentuates the bit I think most of us love the most about this car, it's wide curvaceous rump!

Comment

That TVR has aged very well in overall design - the Supra almost looks like it's been influenced by it some 20yrs later. M Coupe needs a 1" roof chop

Comment

Working...
                            X