Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with advice / Pictures Eibach Pro Kit

Dear all

I know there have been a few discussions and treads about the pension on the Z3M

I was considering dropping the car, to bring the rear end down, but I'm happy with the front height and don't want to have a car so low it catches on speed humps.

Again I don't want to go for coilovers, as I appreciate that would give mt he choice of ride height, they are just too much money at the moment for the project.

From the research, the Eibach Pro-Kit kit seems to be a good option, as good quality and drops the car acclaimed 20MM

Just wondered if there are any member that have these springs on their car with standard shocks.

If so:

Do they have some pictures to share? What's the feel like compared to standard Z3 OWM springs.

Cheers in advance.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

How come the front is already low? Usually stock is high all round.

Best lowering springs imo are h&r. Many ironically tend to lower the rear too much, but you do have some adjustment at the rear by using thicker spring pads.

Comment

Low as in I am happy with its height compared to the rear.

I looked at H & R but thought there was a 30MM drop, which I thought might be a bit low.

Hence asking for the advise

Comment

My car was pretty low on it's standard shocks and springs at 88k miles and 20 years old, definitely quite a bit lower than when new by the looks.

I went for Eibach Proline (not sportline) which is a circa 15mm drop.

I rate Eibach springs from past experiences although if you search on the forum two people said they are a bit soft on the rear.

We shall see, not a big deal to swap out the rear springs later/get some made if needed.

Comment

My coupe when it was on H&R/Bilstein and a comparison of the rear springs with standard

1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

cheers for that, that looks a lot better. ;0)

Comment

Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
              I went for Eibach Proline (not sportline) which is a circa 15mm drop.
              Can you through a picture up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                comparison of the rear springs with standard
                They look the same height lol.

Were they the H&R 29520 Sport Spring set?

Front lowering: 1.3 inch
                Rear lowering: 1.3 inch

I can see this one 29520-1 seems more common, not sure is its a different set, or newer release fo same thing?

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-sea...ies%5B0%5D=189

On H&Rs web page it still quotes the 29520 as the model number.

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/chea...ngs/29520.html Here at just under £328, a lot of money for estetics lol.

cheers

John
                Last edited by Jonnysideways; 02-10-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                  They look the same height lol.
                  This is one problem with aftermarket springs; they are actually often softer rating so not necessarily shorter off the car, but lower it due to being softer and like the h&r are a longer spring in terms of coils. Those three closer wound coils are coilbound when the car is on the ground.

AC Schnitzer springs use thicker winding with less coils and are a visibly shorter spring, but hard to get hold of.
                  Last edited by c_w; 05-10-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think the safest way to get what I'm after will be coil overs, or you never know how the car will it on springs, as they are one height only, and its too late once they are on, and doing the job twice would be a pain.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think the safest way to get what I'm after will be coil overs, or you never know how the car will it on springs, as they are one height only, and its too late once they are on, and doing the job twice would be a pain.
                      Generally speaking, it's the rear that is often a bit on the low side (fronts tend to sit nicely). But fortunately the rear is more easily adjusted by playing around with thicker spring pads or doubling the spring pads to get the desired rideheight.

Comment

So do you think h and r with standard suspension the 30MM drop will not too low on the front?, don't want to be scraping speed humps again ;) as I did with my last E36 M3 that was on H&R race springs.
                        Last edited by Jonnysideways; 13-11-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Dear all

Other than taking out the rear spring pads is there a why based chassis number to know which thickness ones were in originally installed?

Comment

Dear all

Other than taking out the rear spring pads is there a why based chassis number to know which thickness ones were in originally installed?

Pretty sure the lower rear spring pads on the "M" are 7.5mm as standard which is the thickness of the edge you can see.

Comment

cheers Dave, so if I were to go from 7.5 to the smallest 5 option, its not really worthwhile, lol cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X