Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > Off Topic
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2014, 05:53 PM

Default Football

Does anyone else not get it , I can't see the attraction of watching over paid Nancy's chasing a ball , I'd rather take the dog to the beach and watch it chase a ball !
Old 16-02-2014, 08:03 PM

I get it but have been loosing interest due to there being far too many foreign players destroying our national side and the fact everything to do with the game is driven by money
Old 16-02-2014, 09:18 PM

I've never been to a game in my life , everyone around me is obsessed by it in the north west , more so than my home area of north east .
One guy in the pub was mocking Newcastle for losing to Liverpool to me and someone had to step in and point out that I wouldn't even know when Newcastle were playing , never mind who
Old 16-02-2014, 09:29 PM

I feel this way about most of the mass sports... and I was quite surprised how every bar/pub have multiple big screens in the UK.

I never find much sense in this kind of fanhood/cheering (and drinking), but this doesn't apply for rare ones that have genuine passion for a sport...

That said and being a petrolhead, I'm thinking about starting to watch F1 again this year (after ~15 years of absence)...
Old 16-02-2014, 09:54 PM

5 years in football tv broadcast. Hospital visits 2. Nice comfy chair 0. God I hate football fans, clubs security (non existent) police at the club's (hey guys were on the same side just trying to get through this yeah?) Smelly bloody concrete prisons, no taxis, your a twat first then oh you work here? and seriously wtf is a £5 chicken balti pie. Mugs. Quite happy now though that's all 2 years behind me. If anyone wants the security codes to any club just think of spaceballs and your not far away.
Old 16-02-2014, 10:15 PM

Which TV company did you work for ? You may have crossed paths with a mate of mine !
Old 16-02-2014, 10:29 PM

Can't really say without getting into some kind of litigation probably. However it's a very small world so the likelyhood is quite high. I'd rather not go back however.
Old 17-02-2014, 11:17 AM

I may be able to help those 'not getting' football. Join me for a thrilling Saturday afternoon at Meadow Lane watching Notts County trying to avoid relegation to the bottom rung of the football league and you just might be converted. No?
Old 17-02-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwirral View Post
Does anyone else not get it , I can't see the attraction of watching over paid Nancy's chasing a ball , I'd rather take the dog to the beach and watch it chase my balls!
Fixed it for you
And whole heartidly agree
Bunch of over paid cnuts
Old 17-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Ahh , I wondered why those people on hoylake beach phoned the police the other day
Didn't realise being tickled was so illegal , in public anyway