Are we due another big meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we due another big meet?

Its coming up to 10 years since we arranged the big M Coupe meeting at Gaydon BMW Festival 2010 is it time we tried to get a big number 30+ again?

We have had good numbers attend Silverstone but not in recent years with numbers slowing dwindling, is there demand for a big event or not?.

Last edited by Dave P; 12-10-2019, 10:12 AM. Reason: typo

If anyone has any suggestions for a Summer 2020 event e.g Gaydon with BMW Car Club (if they agree) Silverstone appears too expensive for the masses . Cumbria show? Idea is for a M Coupe meet not a combined Roadster event.

Money in the forum for events so anyone have any ideas please post up
    Last edited by Dave P; 09-10-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I'd certainly be up for that Dave. Silverstone is indeed pretty pricey once you factor in accommodation for the weekend etc, but I'd still be up for that if that's where was most convenient for the majority
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I would rather it be anywhere but Silverstone as its too busy and expensive in my opinion also Gaydon Festival is during the summer school holidays so not a good time for many.

Maybe we need to look for a new venue.

Comment

Yes, yes yes!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Sounds a good idea, depending where though
            S54 M Coupe
            D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

I'm definitely up for it. What about Donnington, it's fairly central if you want a large get together with owners maybe coming from Scotland, southern England, Wales etc.
              Still the biggest mass meet up of Z3 MCs in 2005 - 63/67 cars. Just got to pick a suitable weekend with a car race meeting to attend.
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                I'm definitely up for it. What about Donnington, it's fairly central if you want a large get together with owners maybe coming from Scotland, southern England, Wales etc.
                Still the biggest mass meet up of Z3 MCs in 2005 - 63/67 cars. Just got to pick a suitable weekend with a car race meeting to attend.
                I was also going to suggest this due to location

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                  I was also going to suggest this due to location
                  Me three. No really

Comment

Donington is an option due to its location but not sure about the venue itself i.e dedicated area or car park ? tie up with racing makes it a really busy time and not sure what racing people would want to see .

Keep the ideas coming.

Comment

We could perhaps try to tie it in to the Historic event there and try to grab our own display area?

Alternatively, the Cumbria Show is a good size with plenty of space for us to put on our own display, but it's perhaps too northerly for some

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                        We could perhaps try to tie it in to the Historic event there and try to grab our own display area?

Alternatively, the Cumbria Show is a good size with plenty of space for us to put on our own display, but it's perhaps too northerly for some

Don't know much about Donington so will need further investigation, Cumbria show should be down as a forum event in 2020 regardless

Comment

Count me in!.

Avoiding school summer holidays would be better for me.

What about Donington Historic Festival 1st, 2nd & 3rd May 2020.
                          I went this year, the racing was good and I was surprised that it wasn't too busy with plenty of space for car clubs.

Martin.
                          1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
                          sigpic

Comment

I attended the meeting back in 2005 when there was the mass get together I mentioned above and although the infield layout has changed since then there is loads of room for car clubs to set up. Back in 2016 Martin and I attended a classic car meeting there which was set up in the infield, there was loads of room for setting up the plot for the cars. You also have the racing to watch and the museum to visit.
                            Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Somehow the last message got duplicated, so deleted.
                              Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                              1985 E28 M5
                              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                              X