What tyres for M coupé?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falken 452,s-Great Value all conditions Tyre

Welcome Marc---for ME this is the tyre.Great performance in wet or dry conditions road/circuit and they are great lasting compared to Pilots.
    Present set have done three 3 day Nurburgring driving courses, and still have good depth left.Its Not just an MC great tyre--they are on the Alpina with its turbo 343 Ib torque, and after trackdays including the Ring, the wear rate and grip is 100%.
    safetyfast

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Dupont View Post
      Oh, I forgot,
      The rims have been straightened too... (one rim wasn't 100% straight anymore)
      I'd throw away any rim that needed straightening..

If a rim gets bent, there is already a weakness there.. getting it straightened won't make that go away.

To me this is probably worse than getting a tyre retreaded ;)

Comment

has anyone else done any reading on the new michelin rubber:
        http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/mich...ot-super-sport

The promo brief does sound impressive enough, no idea on price point obviously but as tyres are so important in determining handling, they could be a consideration.

NB: I'm also on 452s, cannot fault them and will probably renew when the time comes. I trust the grip levels and know when I'm on/near/over the limit with them so cannot give an unbiased view; as will be the case with most folk at a guess. Wonder if you could demo tyres, now that would prove interesting.

Comment

They should be very good tyres, they look closer to Pilot Cups than Pilot Sports. Sizes also look limited to "big" sizes; 18-22".

Comment

I had the Bridgestones, no vibration issues but as an aside they were very poor in the wet. So if your car is a daily driver then I would steer clear. I've just been on PS3s for the last couple of months - car feels very smooth and sure footed.

Comment

Originally posted by fastdrive View Post
              i tried ps2,michelin cup,khumo v70a and never had problem of vibration...
              Probabily check the balance and tyre pressure..
              I see an good price the hankook rs3 ,probabily the next tyres will buy it.
              Can you share some opinion on sport cups? I'm considering buying them. They seem to be the best semislick, and they are the lightest one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                They should be very good tyres, they look closer to Pilot Cups than Pilot Sports. Sizes also look limited to "big" sizes; 18-22".
                my thoughts as well, seemed designed for just our type of toy. Argument is there that tyre technology will have moved on and these are the bleeding edge in road tyre, question is whether you want to be an early adopter or not.

Comment

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...ilotSuperSport

pilot super sports will be available in 225/45/17 + 245/40/17 eventually (i can't find them in france yet)

Comment

go to the specs tab...

Comment

Could be an option then! Intersting that the tread wear is 300 which is quite high, much higher than I expected for a tyre like this - normally they're a lower figure due to a softer compound (ie Pilout Cups is 80, Toyo R888 is 100, Federal RSR is 140).

300 is very much a normal road tyre wear rate - the wear rate isn't the be all and end all to indicate what the tyre's like but usually it is an indicator of the compound.

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
                        Can you share some opinion on sport cups? I'm considering buying them. They seem to be the best semislick, and they are the lightest one for sure.
                        The best tyre
                        But when arrive to limit they lost traction immediately ,instead the khumo doing all progressive and difference grip is minimal but the tyres are more heavvy ,anyway tested only on nurburgring (first time) and had few expierence whit it(also two year out the track lost an bit an skill acquire before)
                        If you live in uk and dont had problems to fit only oem size,i will go for nitto i read on americans boards good review about it and low price...
                        www.fastdrive.org
                        S50 black/black-red In Rome
                        Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Yea the Nittos look good (sound like some south east asian crap lol but they appear to be very good!), but availability in UK is none as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                            Yea the Nittos look good (sound like some south east asian crap lol but they appear to be very good!), but availability in UK is none as far as I can see.
                            Nitto is owned by Toyo, hence they don't want to cannibalize the brand and don't offer them in the UK. you can always order them in the States and ship them to a guy called Ron (from the mustang forum), then he puts them in shared container with many other parts and a month later you have them here....not sure if worth the hassle tho.

Comment

Originally posted by oxam View Post
                              Nitto is owned by Toyo, hence they don't want to cannibalize the brand and don't offer them in the UK. you can always order them in the States and ship them to a guy called Ron (from the mustang forum), then he puts them in shared container with many other parts and a month later you have them here....not sure if worth the hassle tho.
                              Yea does sound a bit long winded , a uk seller would be easier!

The distribution strategy of all these types of tyres doesn't makes sense to me, the US seems to have everything on offer (inc. R888s too although they don't seem to be as popular there). The UK always seems to have a restricted market for no obvious reasons.

Comment

Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in 17'' are already available - take a look at tirerack.com. I know that the American Michelin PSS is proofed after European standards ("E2" on the inner flank).

Best regards,
                                Phil

Comment

Working...
                                X