Next years tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next years tyres

Decent dual track/road duty for £300ish for a full set. Count me in.

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyre...ecsta-xs-ku36/

So 235 and 255 or 225 and 245

Originally posted by itsdashy View Post
    Decent dual track/road duty for £300ish for a full set. Count me in.

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyre...ecsta-xs-ku36/

So 235 and 255 or 225 and 245
    I've got Falken 235 & 255 tyres fitted to OEM wheels on my car, no spacers needed. Car drives really good, no tramlining etc.
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

i also think go to same kumho ,spider an italian member fit and tell is very good tyre,also for the track resist 4-5 laps whitout go burn..
      www.fastdrive.org
      S50 black/black-red In Rome
      Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Originally posted by fastdrive View Post
        i also think go to same kumho ,spider an italian member fit and tell is very good tyre,also for the track resist 4-5 laps whitout go burn..
        With you. I think. "good tyres last 4-5 laps without going off" which is bang on what I want. Had ku31 on the vx220 and they were good dual duty. These are a little more serious and by happenstance look the nuts. I'm thinking of getting them and fitting in March.

Comment

I've considered these but never gone for them as I've just kept to more track focussed tyres like R888s or V70a. They are supposed to be good though.

Comment

i use few on track now(one time at year)..and an toyo or v70a cost near the double,also use on the road an semislick is too noise an strong on the holes...v70a is more better of toyo anyway..
            this is spider http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbo31i7Bu6Y
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziwCGfnNjs4
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1UyCp3y8TM
            seems an onest tyre for the price,but in italy we are limited whit only stock size...
            www.fastdrive.org
            S50 black/black-red In Rome
            Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

There's loads of this class of tyre now (Federal RS-R, Yoko AD08 and ADO8R, Hankook RS3, etc, some not available in some markets (like Nitto, Hankook Z221 etc in the U.S.).

Have got some Federal FZ-201 to try next!

The Kumho V70a is "better" than the R888 in that they don't go "off"/overheat after a few laps, but I found they wear faster than the R888, and ride a touch harsher. R888s is like the trackday tyre for dummies; they just work out of the box, don't need any warming and are a very friendly tyre on the road.

Comment

Ran the Kumhos on the rear for a while last year.

Great tyre, loads of grip, no complaints.

Comment

MyTyres currently have some Federal RS-R going cheap, 235/40/17 £75 and 255/40/17 £78.

Comment

Originally posted by topgeartom View Post
                    Ran the Kumhos on the rear for a while last year.

Great tyre, loads of grip, no complaints.
                    What sizes did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                      MyTyres currently have some Federal RS-R going cheap, 235/40/17 £75 and 255/40/17 £78.
                      Damn good price. Too focused for pottering to Tesco?

Comment

245/40/17s on the rear.

Comment

Ah right. They look like they're wide enough. I sometimes feel that 245's in some makes look stretched and a bit... stanced.. ehem. Might just order 235 255 anyhow.

Comment

It definitely depends on the brand and type of tyre. When I got my car it has standard size Continentals fitted and the rear tyre had a slight slope on the wall, like it wasn't wide enough, replaced it with Bridgestone S02 255/40/17 which were more square on the rim. I replaced those with 245/40/17 Goodyear F1 Asymmetric and they are the same width as the 255 S02.

Track tyres come up wider still, R888s 255/40/17 are too bulgey on the rear 9" rims. Those Federal RS-Rs I mentioned are also too wide for the stock wheels thinking about it. The 235/40 is too wide for 7.5J (becasue its actually like a 245) and the 255 RS-R is more like a 265.

The Kumho KU36 look like normal width to slim section tyres though so should be fine on the factory wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by itsdashy View Post
                              Damn good price. Too focused for pottering to Tesco?
                              Yea probably! not exactly an extreme track tyre but better on a 2nd second set of rims.

Comment

Working...
                              X