No announcement yet.

Subframe bush inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys, are these the subframe inserts you mentioned earlier in post??

Thanks in adance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-e...mZ270287853888
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Thanks in adance

Comment

Originally posted by David1975 View Post

Thanks in adance

Yep, looks like the same ones I used/bought.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          Yep, looks like the same ones I used/bought.
          Cool,

Worth a try then? You seem to give em good reviews!

Thanks again

Comment

Also, would you say i would notice any improvement from replacing the front H&r ABR bushes (that come with the abr's) and also the wishbone bushes for powerflex ones. (i beleive these are all the front bushes).

Thanks again

David

Comment

Originally posted by David1975 View Post
              Also, would you say i would notice any improvement from replacing the front H&r ABR bushes (that come with the abr's) and also the wishbone bushes for powerflex ones. (i beleive these are all the front bushes).

Thanks again

David
              No to both IMO. The H&R bushes were polybushes anyway AFAIK and carry a "lifetime" warranty (I think). The Z3M wishbones bushes are pretty good don't often fail.

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

The only bushes that need attention on these cars is the subframe bushes I reckon, either by new poly ones, bush inserts and/or buffer "packers" that reduces the subframe's vertical movement too (above the subframe bush there is around 20mm gap between the buffer/bush and the the body)

Comment

on the subject of loose suspension.

I find that mine can skip or judder a bit as if not enough damping. with my old school ford head on I would say it's like not having anti tramp bars.

is this normal from standard suspension or a sign that the dampers are tired?

Comment

Ordered a set of these last week, looks like a great cheap and easy mod

Thanks for the link,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by ever88 View Post
                        on the subject of loose suspension.

I find that mine can skip or judder a bit as if not enough damping. with my old school ford head on I would say it's like not having anti tramp bars.

is this normal from standard suspension or a sign that the dampers are tired?
                        How many miles does your car have on it? I just changed the suspension to the kw v3 set up and it has transformed the car completely. I was never happy with the car up until now..... my car has 100k miles on the clock and the suspension was completely shot, the rear top mounts, leaking struts, torn boot floor and after fitting the kw suspension I also found that the front top mounts have had it too. So it is definitely worth checking out all of your suspension components for wear and tear. My car now feels like a sports car as opposed to the wollowly ship it has been since I bought it.

Paul

Comment

60k miles on it and I have owned it from 43k miles and pampered it really.

car feels fine but back rear tyres do judder/bounce a bit if dry road and giving it full beans.

Michelin pilots on. new springs all round.

recently fitted new discs and pads all round and don't think they are much cop either.

should have went for upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by ever88 View Post
                            60k miles on it and I have owned it from 43k miles and pampered it really.

car feels fine but back rear tyres do judder/bounce a bit if dry road and giving it full beans.

Michelin pilots on. new springs all round.

recently fitted new discs and pads all round and don't think they are much cop either.

should have went for upgrade.
                            I always feel it depends on the road surface. With an LSD and dry roads it can suffer from axle tramp if it's not quite a monster burn out or it grips.

Comment

got some of these knocking about. anyone want?

Comment

I'm after some of these if anyone knows of any for sale anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X