Charcoal filter hose connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charcoal filter hose connector

I am trying to find the part number for the small hose that connects to the charcoal filter housing but cant see it shown on realoem,
    looks like it should be number 9
    http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/16/16_0215/

part is centre right of picture

Hi Dave,what does this charcoal filter do ???

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
      Hi Dave,what does this charcoal filter do ???
      some kind of filter connected to the petrol tank/fuel system I think

Comment

Fuel tank breather ?

Comment

Fuel tank breather ?
          I would think so

Comment

need to have look at this as i need to change my tank hangers/brackets.....easy ? or a mare?

Comment

need to have look at this as i need to change my tank hangers/brackets.....easy ? or a mare?
              I have replaced the tank straps and it is possible with the tank in place but not easy

Comment

I have found the part number for the clamps but cant find any reference for the braided hose as its not listed/shown on realoem

Comment

Had a better look at this hose and connector and the main hose appears to travel up the petrol tank and is just open at the end - can anyone confirm this is correct?

(cant get a picture of the end because of poor access)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    Had a better look at this hose and connector and the main hose appears to travel up the petrol tank and is just open at the end - can anyone confirm this is correct?
                    Yes, it is an open ended breather tube that is held in place with a plastic holder at the upper end and by that short piece of rubber hose connecting it to the char coal box.

You can use any black NBR rubber tube of suitable size to replace that short rubber hose ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrile_rubber ).

If you detach the tube from the rubber hose, you can simply pull it out from the upper holder . Nothing is going to spill out. Putting it back is just then taking reverse steps.

br, JuhaV
                    Last edited by JuhaV; 10-08-2014, 04:39 AM.
                    The older I get, the faster I was ...
                    BMW HP2 Sport
                    ex- BMW Z3 M Coupe - Cosmosschwartz Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaV View Post
                      Yes, it is an open ended breather tube that is held in place with a plastic holder at the upper end and by that short piece of rubber hose connecting it to the char coal box.

You can use any black NBR rubber tube of suitable size to replace that short rubber hose ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrile_rubber ).

If you detach the tube from the rubber hose, you can simply pull it out from the upper holder . Nothing is going to spill out. Putting it back is just then taking reverse steps.

br, JuhaV
                      that's great many thanks

Comment

Update on this, if you buy the vent pipe it comes with the braided hose but another clamp is needed to attach it to the charcoal cannister,

Comment

Working...
                        X