Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn’t be surprised if coupe just isn’t as quick as Ben remembers, no offence intended Ben.

I had a VW Corrardo VR6 nearly 20 years when I was 21. At the time it was a flying machine, a few years ago I bought a Golf VR6, admittedly slightly less power, but it felt really slow, nothing like what I rembered, and at just 174 BHP I’m not surprised, most 2.0 diesels are pushing 200 BHP these days. Yes the coupe has quite a bit more power when running right but cars have changed.

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks for all the comments, no offence taken at all :)

Wet roads in 1st were always approached with caution in my old Z3MC, the back wheels would spin quite easily on wet greasy roads if you moved off too aggressively so you learned to move off with a little more caution.

I think everyone on this forum correctly look after and treasure their pride and joy so are not the hooligans we all used to be and have learned not to plant the right foot when the roads are wet :)

My comment at 50mph was I simply counted the seconds it took to get to 70mph in 5th. The write ups suggest a sub-7 second time, this car bogged down rather than move swiftly off with urgency. It could be simply old fuel in the tank, it could be spark plugs for a car that hadn't been used for a while, it could be knock sensor, could be VANOS. But for me when you are paying top dollar these things really should have been sorted and I had to make a decision to accept the car or not and not knowing which of these it could be I think I made the correct decision.

I have collected a few classic cars from the 60's, 70's and 80's so I think I'm built up a feel for the differences, but I do take the point, cars are very different now and thats why I wanted to have a Z3MC, for me one of the last analogue sports cars.

I will be going back with my list and see if they are interested in resolving those issues or not and then re-look at the car.
      Last edited by bencobb; 01-08-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X