• Show
Clear All

Rags you just killed the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
      6.Rags - location dependant
      Don’t make me come down there Rags....

Now repost or you’re barred..
      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Sorry!!!

1. David (Seca Blue)
        2. Howiez - location dependent
        3. Exdos
        4. Ian_C
        5. Chris (C_W)
        6. Rags! - location dependant

Comment

Rags. Milton Keynes is close. Man up.

I'm in

1. David (Seca Blue)
          3. Exdos
          4. Ian_C
          5. Chris (C_W)
          6. Rags! - location dependant
          7. Mnbrennan

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I am up for this and never been
            Happy to help and post up on the Zroadster.org ??

Comment

1. David (Seca Blue)
              3. Exdos
              4. Ian_C
              5. Chris (C_W) +2
              8. Rags! - location dependant
              9. Mnbrennan
              10. BmBabe

Comment

Evening all,

I'll confirm some details with the track next week regarding minimum numbers to book out etc.

In the meantime, if you could all have a think about how we should play this regarding entries.
                Is it essentially an open invite, including any friends, or should we keep it to owner drivers only. Part of me thinks it would be nicer if there was something a bit more exclusive than just let's all go karting bring your friends, but think we should all have a say in that.

I suspect we'll need at least 30 people (in teams of 3 for the enduro) to have it completely to ourselves. Personally I'm happy to share with the stinky public, but if the consensus is private then we'll defo need to open up to that lot without the roofs ;-).

Just reply if you have a strong feeling either way just let me know,

Cheers,

D.

Comment

If the arrangements for an event is number dependent, and there are insufficient MC participants to make this viable without having to be on track amongst the general public at large, then why not attempt to expand this into an exclusive "Z" event including the Z3 ragtops and the Z4 lot too?

I'm a participant on the Z4-forum.com and it is a far more active group than this one and I would expect you'd attract a fair bit of interest on there. If you'd like me to try to involve that group, then give me a shout.

Personally, if possible, I'd rather keep the sort of event you're organising to similar sort of participants which would be more likely to make the event an enjoyable experience for all.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Morning morning,

I'm happy to take that route - now I think about it I think that would make for a pretty good day.
                    Let me speak to the track tomorrow and see what's what. I'll update here once I've done that.

Comment

Personal preference is to keep it to zeds if we need to make up numbers. In fact, there’d be some healthy rivalry between ragtop/tintop/z3/z4/m groups. Sounding better all the time
                      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Yep I thought about the rivalry aspect too. I’ll be expecting some solid commitment from you lot...

Comment

Afternoon all...

OK here are the karting details you've all been waiting for...

The following is based on us having the circuit to ourselves for the whole day resulting in hours of driving and car based gas bagging...

Venue - Daytona Milton Keynes

Target date is late October/Early November and I can arrange for a Saturday.
                          We will use the 390cc 4 stroke SODI karts - I'll leave the DMAX karts for next time...

Morning Sprint race - minimum 10 drivers
                          10am arrival
                          Individual entries, 20 minute qualification, grid start, 20 min main race.
                          £55 per person.

12-1 Lunch(bring your own or eat there).

3 hour endurance - minimum 10 teams
                          Circa 2pm start.
                          3 person team entry, 10 min qualification, grid start, 180 mins racing. So each driver gets 2 sessions of 30 mins each.
                          £390 per team(£130 each). You could reduce this by adding a 4th driver, but you'd get less track time each obvs.

NOTE - Obviously we all drive drive 2 seaters, so 3 person teams might be tough to arrange. If that's the case I have a plan for those that need it.

Circa 5.30pm.

Awards and general comments about cheating, dodgy carts and how you can barely walk any more.

Home time.

Could you please update your preferences below as I've done.

Exdos, you'd be good enough to put this to your loyal followers on Z4-forum that would be great.
                          BMBabe, please do the same.
                          Could you put a deadline of 1st October to confirm interest please.

I think it'll be a good way of getting everyone together, especially as we're now planning to share things like Silverstone going forward.

1. David (Seca Blue) Sprint and Enduro
                          3. Exdos
                          4. Ian_C
                          5. Chris (C_W) +2
                          8. Rags! - location dependant
                          9. Mnbrennan
                          10. BmBabe

I'll need to put a fairly hefty deposit down so we'll talk about that once we have the numbers.

Lastly, I just want you to be aware that if you are the competitive type, this can be extremely hard work, so expect to have discovered a few new muscles by the end of the day, and acquired a sore bit or 2, particularly if you're doing the full day. DON'T be put off, just consider perhaps doing either the sprint or the enduro if you've never been before.

I think that's it, please respond asap. The longer we wait, the colder it'll be...

Cheers,

David.
                          Last edited by Seca Blue; 17-09-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

David,

I've composed something to post on Z4-forum.com and sent it to you via PM to check before I post.

/// Exdos ///
                            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Hi John,

Yep read that - absolutely fine.

Do you think people will bother registering with us though?

Cheers,

D.

Comment

Hi David,

OK, I'll get them to list their names on the Z4-forum for now to try and attract the most interest.

Cheers
                                John
                                /// Exdos ///

Comment

Working...
                                X