Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low miles Dakar Yellow with Boot floor tear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low miles Dakar Yellow with Boot floor tear!

So went to view a Z3mC yesterday in the Bristol area and was really looking forward to buying one again. Said car has circa 62k miles and a long term owner who I had been talking to for some time.
    So the first thing I done was open up the boot and look for signs of damage/tears etc. She has a sub in the back and for some reason there was extra sound deadening which had been stuck into the boot. The seller advised that it had been the audio company who fitted the sub that had done this.
    I was just about to put everything back together thinking a low miles car that looked so clean couldn’t possibly have a tear when I investigated the rear left.
    I was shocked to find a tear over 15cm in length where the boot seemed to have dropped a little. Feeling gutted I left and the owner said he didn’t realise either.
    How much would rear boot repair cost on these cars?

Could cost thousands depending on how much work is needed and how the boot problem is fixed. Recent post said a forum member spent £3500 on a R Forbes kit and fitting.

BMW replaced floor sections on some cars but this didn't work as it doesn't address the real problem. May be worth speaking to a company that has done the work like Redish to get a better idea.

Plenty of M Coupes for sale at the moment so I would keep looking

Comment

I agree with DaveP, the Randy Forbes kit is the best. The price of the kit when I bought it was $575, which is not the problem, nor is the shipping. It's the welding that has to be done following the instructions where you will run into the numbers...When I did both my coupes it was part of a lot of other work I was doing to both of them (one in UAE and one in Saudi) so I didn't really remember how much that part of the project cost alone. Mind you, both of mine did not have any popped welds or tears so that would probably add to your cost.
      Last edited by racer mxm; 11-05-2019, 12:34 AM. Reason: forgot Dave's name
      BMW Polygamy
      1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
      1991 850Ci: Sold.
      1999 M Coupe: Sold
      2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
      2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

How much is she asking? You might be able to negotiate a lower price to accommodate the work that you will need to do. She would need to be reasonable enough as any M coupe buyer will look for this unless they haven't read anything and I mean anything about the car before buying it.
        BMW Polygamy
        1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
        1991 850Ci: Sold.
        1999 M Coupe: Sold
        2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
        2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

I've had my boot floor done and it's no big deal really.

Taking all the boot interior out and scraping all the rust proofing gunk off is them most time consuming part.

I think the figures quoted above are excessive.

Comment

Working...
          X