Suspension overhaul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension overhaul.

Been collecting parts recently to carry out an overhaul on my 99 Imola S50. H&R anti roll bars & springs. Bilstein shocks, all new upgraded mounts & bushes. Drop links,track rod arms & ends.
    Stripped the back interior of the car out this afternoon (taking longer that expected) & fitting all of the parts tomorrow.
    Looking forward to the feel of the car with all the above fitted & hoping for far better road holding & ride quality than the 15 year old 60,000 mile tired old set up.

It should make a big difference

Comment

Got everything fitted this afternoon & going for alignment set up in the morning.
      One issue I came across though was that the Bilstein rear shocks dont come with a dust cover on them so went to fit the ones from the original shocks, this was fine until I then fitted the shock to the Rogue modified top mount & the cover fouls the mount studs/nuts. Anybody else experienced this?
      Last edited by Ady; 18-07-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Sounds like my DIY setup, you can usually flex the damper left or right to access the nuts - if you use an open spanner you can use that to tighten.

Comment

Ely?? Wow, never thought I'd see another in Ely.

I'm from Witchford, although I live up near Downham Market now, I'm just putting my zed back on the road. Another Imola, might have to sell it as there are 2 in the area now!

Comment

Thanks for the advice c_w.
            Gooner14, yes very local to you, Littleport.
            Car back on the road today & can confirm along with many others on here that the H&R anti roll bars & springs make the world of difference to the handling of the car.
            In the 6 months of owning my S50 I have found the forum to be excellent base for advice & seeing what other like minder owners are up to, thankyou.

So far the upgrades have consisted of;
            CD43 head unit.
            Storm motorworks gear knob & hand break.
            Royal Steering Wheels thicker recover.
            AC Schnitzer 18" Type 111 wheels.
            Bridgestone 225/40 & 285/35/18 tyres.
            H&R springs & antiroll bars.
            Bilstein B8's.
            Rogue upgraded top mounts.
            Lemforder drop links, front top mounts, track rod ends & arms.
            AC Schnitzer splitters.
            Front bumper/spoiler/splitters & bonnet repainted.

May have to take a break from spending for a while as the list was longer than I thought!

Hope to see a few of you at Silverstone next weekend.
            Last edited by Ady; 18-07-2014, 08:59 AM.

Comment

The wife's parents live in Littleport :)

Comment

Getting closer... mine's in St Ives...

Comment

Worked in St. Ives for 7 years!
                  H&R Arb's should be the default upgrade of every owner. Car is so much better afterwards. Can't wait to get my up and running at the end of the month.

Comment

Let me know when you are back on the road, would be good to see another locally.

Comment

Working...
                    X