S50 M Coupé Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrSasha View Post
    Is there another shield right after the large piece, to cover the lines (fuel?)

sorry just seen this - no nothing to cover those pipes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      That's true but the aim adjuster is £100 new and the bulbs nearly £50 per side from BMW so a nice surprise to get them included.

Its easier to keep a list of parts I haven't replaced
      Would love your old adjusters please

Comment

• Originally posted by boostina3 View Post
        Would love your old adjusters please
        I will be selling them but with the old lights I think

Comment

I will be selling them but with the old lights I think
          No problems, just thought I'd ask

Comment

• Tina...i have a set off adjusters you can have,you will need to pay for the postage tho,and a contribution this Forum..and they can be yours!

Comment

Boxster "S" /996 Brembo's with adapter brackets and OEM BMW discs front and rear (CSL /Z4M fronts) Goodridge stainless hoses and dot 5.1 fluid .
              Dave, enjoying the thread. I can't find any detail on the specific decision behind the brake selection. I will probably never be anything other than a like-for-like swap chap tbh, so how do you know/figure out the above selction would fit/work - or any other non-standard mod for that matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by NottsLad View Post
                Dave, enjoying the thread. I can't find any detail on the specific decision behind the brake selection. I will probably never be anything other than a like-for-like swap chap tbh, so how do you know/figure out the above selction would fit/work - or any other non-standard mod for that matter?
                I have tried to stick with Ac Schnitzer mods which at the time were dealer options with warranty. The front brake set up I bought from another forum member who was putting his coupe back to standard so all the hard work had been done and it was just a case of having them fitted but with the rears I had to do my own homework and found a company in the States who offered a bracket to allow a Porsche caliper to be used with a OEM BMW M3 E46 disc, so the front and rear big brake set up cost me less than the price of a off the shelf front set up like Stoptech but I can still by cheap replacement parts like OEM discs and Porsche pads. So the reasoning behind the choice of these brakes was price/looks/availability of parts and spares down the line. The set up on the Front is OEM CSL/Z4M discs Porsche 996/Boxster S calipers with adapter brackets and longer hoses with Pagid pads and backplate trimmed down, rear OEM E46 M3 disc with Porsche 996/Boxster S caliper and adapter bracket with Goodridge hose and backplate trimmed. Everything else is straight forward with the M3 discs working with the standard handbrake set up. The company in the States is called RallyRoad and they offer lots of brake upgrades and other parts for BMW'S.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                  Tina...i have a set off adjusters you can have,you will need to pay for the postage tho,and a contribution this Forum..and they can be yours!
                  Thanks !!!

Comment

• Plenum repainted and rubber fixing which had sheared removed,

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Some parts arrived today, O rings for trumpets/ rubber cap for breather/ chrome bolts for manifold/ rubber fixing for plenum

Also offside headlight

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Dave,i am not sure what spanner your gonna use to do the chrome top hats with,but,be careful as the chrome splits off really easy !

Comment

• Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                          Dave,i am not sure what spanner your gonna use to do the chrome top hats with,but,be careful as the chrome splits off really easy !
                          Yes they are really poor quality for £4. each

Comment

Yes they are really poor quality for £4. each
                            How much?!?!
                            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

• Spooks i know shocking price for something that has less than a fag paper in chrome on it!!!

Comment

• Plenum refitted,

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X