s54 coupe floor replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s54 coupe floor replacement?

Hi guys ive got a Y reg s54 m coupe and was wondering would BMW still do the boot floor replacement?

You won't know unless you ask. Trick is to get a BMW workshop which is interested and wants the warranty work. I think I had one of the last to be done foc on my first Z3m c4 years ago though.
    VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by alpina123 View Post
      Hi guys ive got a Y reg s54 m coupe and was wondering would BMW still do the boot floor replacement?
      I read the cut off date was 10 years old but always worth a try (they are saying 10 years on E46 models with floor problems)
      Last edited by Dave P; 06-04-2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I don't think there's any chance of getting it some as it will be about 12yrs old now.

Is the floor actually damaged as a result of failure through normal use? Or accident damage

Click here to email me

Comment

No issues unfortuntaley as I was just wondering as im sure it would go at some point

Comment

An M Roadster on the ZRoadster.net forum was completely changed by BMW and it failed again in a similar way a few years later. The repair had involved the WHOLE rear end of the car being unstichted and a new one put on, all the metal you see inside the boot and under the car including the spring perches, where the subframe attaches etc. Not sure I'd be happy with that but that is what they did. And it proved to be an excessive waste of time and money for them as it failed again a few short years later and the problem with this is that BMW fix it by replacing like with like (albiet with an uprated diff hanger part (possibly)), afterall there is/was no "official" problem.

If you go the DIY route you won't lose your car for months and the person doing it can concentrate on repair and STRENGTHENING the area which needs attention, which is the left chassis rail to boot floor and the cross member where the diff hanger is.

Comment

I just been reading a write up on Redish Motorsport in May edition of Performance BMW and their repairs to E46 M3 subframe/floor mounting points. There is also an excellent write up on M3cutters. They seem to do a pretty thorough job.

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65047

I wonder if they have done any Z3 MC or MR boot floor repairs? Anyone down that way used them? Indy mentioned them to me when I was buying my MC down in Somerset last year as a potential place to get a boot floor inspection done.

Could be worth an enquire as to whether they have carried out a M Coupe repair.
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
              X