Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front top mount concensus

Hi all

Looking to refresh the suspension with KW V3s. What's the concensus on front top mounts? Oem or other?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Are you planning the top mount L to R swap? If so talk to C_W he runs it I think.

I run KW with OEM top mounts the right way round and never found the car to be lacking in a major way on the road.........maybe some understeer when pushing hard but that was on Falken 452s, which aren't the stickiest, but generally pretty good.

Comment

Another vote for oem with KWv3 from me
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

I've currently got some early E36 3.0 M3 top mounts on my car, the camber position is basically "central", so a mid point between Z3M mounts the right way and the wrong way, so it will give some negative camber over a stock setup, but not as extreme as if they were swapped L<>R. They have the same backset caster position.

Difficult to get hold of though these days (I got them from USA), even BMW have superceded them with the later M3 EVO (ie same as Z3M) which is odd as that would alter camber to positive if they were fitted to an early M3!
        Last edited by c_w; 27-06-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          They have the same backset caster position.
          Chris, do you mean they give more camber but still have OEM Z3M caster?

That'd be perfect for me, I want a little more camber but don't want to change caster.
          Last edited by fok; 26-06-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Yes, the strut is still set back but central to the turret.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                Are you planning the top mount L to R swap? If so talk to C_W he runs it I think.

I run KW with OEM top mounts the right way round and never found the car to be lacking in a major way on the road.........maybe some understeer when pushing hard but that was on Falken 452s, which aren't the stickiest, but generally pretty good.
                I wasn't planning on swapping and don't think I would benefit from them being adjustable. I guess I'll go wth OEM

Is there any other hardware I'll need? Do I need a sheath on the rear shocks (currently not fitted). I assume I'll need to compress the front spring to fit the top mount?

Do the KWs come with bump stops?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Working...
                X