Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50B32 Oil Pan details

S50B32 oil pan details, 11131405227

Last edited by Dave P; 09-04-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Comment

S50b32 inspection cover 1131404657, zinc yellow m6x16 bolts 07110150544

Comment

Realoem shows two sump plugs fitted to the S50B32 oil pan but I believe this is only correct for the oil pan fitted to the E36 M3GT

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...74#11131405227

Comment

There is an E36M3 GT oil pan for sale on ebay at the moment which has the two sump plugs fitted,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E36-M...UAAOSwNTNcWcSE

Comment

The early S50B32's had the two sump plugs. Although the BMW TIS says to not use this, I can't see why.

It allows you to drain both sumps (the S50B32 basicallu has a front and rear sump) which allow for much more oil draining than the 5.5L (out of 7L total))

This looks related (having this sump) to the type of Vanos bridge. The early production B32's have the 3.0 version, with a plug-screw for where the 3.0 has it's TDC sensor fitted.

This is actually I nice setup as that plug-screw can be taken off, allowing you to fill the front sump (that can be drained of you have two plugs).

I think I know why BMW says not to use the front drainplug, as filling the oil through the normal fill point, doesn't not fill the front sump completely.

And that's where the main pickup point it.

Another detail that the early B32's have is the throttle/cruise cable holder clip is white, instead of black.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                The early S50B32's had the two sump plugs. Although the BMW TIS says to not use this, I can't see why.

It allows you to drain both sumps (the S50B32 basicallu has a front and rear sump) which allow for much more oil draining than the 5.5L (out of 7L total))

This looks related (having this sump) to the type of Vanos bridge. The early production B32's have the 3.0 version, with a plug-screw for where the 3.0 has it's TDC sensor fitted.

This is actually I nice setup as that plug-screw can be taken off, allowing you to fill the front sump (that can be drained of you have two plugs).

I think I know why BMW says not to use the front drainplug, as filling the oil through the normal fill point, doesn't not fill the front sump completely.

And that's where the main pickup point it.

Another detail that the early B32's have is the throttle/cruise cable holder clip is white, instead of black.

Good info

Comment

Working...
                X