No announcement yet.

New member checking in.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the problem with the ACS shortshift, is it linkage or gear knob related? What are the symptoms?
    Black S50

Comment

Hi Chippy - it's just the gear knob I think. Noticed that a grub screw had vibrated loose and fallen into the gaiter when I was cleaning the car today. Although holding the top of the ACS button stopped the rattle it looks like the issue is the 3 screws that hold the gear knob in place. Id noticed yhat the stick woulf rotate slightly to the left as well. Reinserted the screw that fell out and tightened the other two as well using my metric Allen key set (which will stay in the car now). Seems to have fixed the rattle as well as the slight rotation. Guess I need some putty or similar to stop the screws working themselves loose but not prevent me taking them out again should I ever need to.
      ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
      now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Sounds like a tiny bit of thread lock should fix your problem.
        Black S50

Comment

Thanks Chippy -
          For the record I got a very detailed and prompt set of replies to questions from Daniel Parton at AC Schnitzer UK this week as well.

I'll be looking to use some blu-tac in the top of the gear knob as well to counter the lack of spring resistance there. Looks like some other owners have encountered similar in the past.
          ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
          now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by h4pry View Post
            Was yours declared a total loss, David?
            Yeah, got the cheque from ins co late last week. Got 12K for her which is not too bad. I would never have sold the car for that value as it was worth more than that to me but i got around the market value i would have thought.
            EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
            Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

David
              That's a horrible thought - can't imagine that an insurance payout would anything like compensate me for the loss of mine. You have my sympathies. Is the 12K going to go back into another MC? Just wondered if the experience has soured your view on MC ownership or just made you determined to renew it.
              Col N.
              Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
              ex Audi S4 Avant
              ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
              ex Porsche 968

Comment

Originally posted by ZiggyCol View Post
                David
                That's a horrible thought - can't imagine that an insurance payout would anything like compensate me for the loss of mine. You have my sympathies. Is the 12K going to go back into another MC? Just wondered if the experience has soured your view on MC ownership or just made you determined to renew it.
                Really miss the old girl. I am hoping to get another ASAP but i am moving into old house (cira 1886) so i have a feeling that the 12K will get absorbed straight into the renovation budget!

I really hope i am wrong but i know what will happen.

Thought about other options but the MC is unlike any other car on the road and thats why i love them so. Its a bit of a freak, just like me.

Comment

You can take as long as you like over a house restoration but good examples of the MC will get rarer and rarer. You know it makes sense :-)
                  Col N.
                  Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
                  ex Audi S4 Avant
                  ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
                  ex Porsche 968

Comment

I know Steve, if a nice black S54 came up then i will probably have to think long and hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X