Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneven suspension

Hi all

I've got a Z3M and the left side of the car is 2 inches higher than the right, currently running new bilstein sport shocks and H&R springs.

Has anyone experienced this before ?

youll have to post more details , have you just bought the car , have you just fitted new springs and shocks ?

Comment

Don't recall reading about similar problems but 2" is a big difference, worth checking all components for correct fitting especially springs being correctly seated?

Comment

I could have answered better , I was watching tv at the time .
        Did you fit the suspension yourself or pay a garage ?
        Did whoever fitted it check they were correct springs , I was delivered the wrong ones when I did mine but didn't realise until I'd stripped everything down . Did they set the shocks to the same setting , as Dave says , did they seat the springs properly into the strut base and top ?
        Have you driven the car down the road to settle everything , but at 2 inches get ready for a loud bang and a bump if you haven't , or have you just dropped it off the jack ?
        I'm sure it's a fairly basic problem to be that far off .

Comment

2" is a heck of a difference... out of interest, are you measuring with the car on level ground? It's not unusual to see some difference when parked on uneven ground, especially with the MC it seems, but nothing like 2".
          Last edited by Fat Tony; 26-12-2016, 01:43 PM.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I someone really heavy sat in it?

As said 2" is a lot and if it's an even 2" then sounds like one side has lowering springs and the other hasn't, and even then that would be tough to do as 50+mm lowering springs aren't common and the difference seen on the car would be less due to anti roll bars slightly evening it out.

Comment

i had this a year ago which when parked on a slight gradient would lift rear left .it turned out to be top mount was shot.

Comment

Something else related to that, is if the handbrake isn't working on one side it will sit unevenly if parked on a slope (backwards or forwards).

Comment

Working...
                X