Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > For Sale or Wanted
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Listed as unsold.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maph View Post
Listed as unsold.
It was my car and indeed, it didn't sell - bit of a pointless exercise really and I'm not sure I'd bother with that route again - I accept that there are costs in running an auction but the venue was rented for the event and the buyer's and seller's fees are just daft! In order for me to get what I would accept (which I think was quite reasonable and not greedy) I needed a buyer (or to be precise, two competing buyers) prepared to spend significantly more. On the day of the auction the auction house even called me to say they'll return me the hammer price (ie forego my seller's fees) if I lowered the reserve, as they'll be happy with the buyer's premium alone, so they know they're taking the p1ss.

Anyway, bit of a shame nobody on here was in the market for it. As per my earlier post in this thread, my fallback position was to let it go to a dealer for £26k and even more of a shame was that it then immediately went up at £34,995 and sold within a few days.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Westerby View Post
Anyway, bit of a shame nobody on here was in the market for it. As per my earlier post in this thread, my fallback position was to let it go to a dealer for £26k and even more of a shame was that it then immediately went up at £34,995 and sold within a few days.
I think many people are just more comfortable overpaying to a dealer and sucking up the dealer fluff in the advert.

Tags
auction, new listing silver