My Imola S50 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indy View Post
    good job! what do you think about the colour match?
    looks a million times better, but colour difference from top/bottom parts of the bolsters look different.

do you think a bit of light wear/use will even it out?
    It looks much less obvious in the flesh that's for sure.

I only really had a go at the drivers bolster, I might end up doing the whole seat to match perfectly if I feel brave in the future.

Comment

looks brand new

Comment

Originally posted by topgeartom View Post
        It looks much less obvious in the flesh that's for sure.

I only really had a go at the drivers bolster, I might end up doing the whole seat to match perfectly if I feel brave in the future.
        definitely looks like it was worth the time and £££!
        made a huge improvement

Click here to email me

Comment

Impressive stuff Tom
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

No huge progress, but sorted a few small things like a new set of genuine side grill badges after the previous "genuine" set I bought went downhill rapidly (and never fit quite right).

Re-hung the right-hand eisenmann as it had started to drop a little.

New set of rear tyres.

Anyway, the weatherman said today was going to be blue sky up in the dales so I thought I'd take the opportunity for a spin out on the last day of my holidays, before its back to the boring work commute.

Of course it was perma-drizzle for the entire trip.

Tom

Comment

Looks like some nice little clear road for a blast Tom
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                Looks like some nice little clear road for a blast Tom
                One of the few places you can really get the airbox singing.

Settle to Hawes is a great stretch of road.

Comment

So the M is my 'main' car but for the last two winters it has obviously been pants.

So this year after much hassle and decisions, I eventually bought something i've always admired - the Panda 100hp.

It obviously hasn't snowed a drop so far this year - pretty typical!

Anyway, I tucked the breadvan up for winter a month or so back:

That only being possible thanks to the magnificent ice cream van:

Its completely brilliant to be honest. It is literally just quick enough to be perfect for its role as a fun commuter. 1 lady owner from new, 56k miles, full service history with the cambelt just done and it does 40mpg on my 5 mile stop start route to work.

Couldnt help myself with buying bits for it instantly, so it already has a magnetti marelli group n center section, a gsr induction kit (with a new filter as the original looked ruined), some diadem indicators and whiter philips headlamps and a decent bluetooth stereo as the factory bluetooth it comes with quickly proved itself entirely useless. Oh and a set of genuine tailored panda mats.

Toying with the idea of spacers all round but i know what road that will lead me down and i need to keep reminding myself it is just a winter bus that lets me sort a few things out on the Z.

As I've already said, i'm chuffed to bits with it, probably not going to want to sell it come the summer even though that's currently the plan.

Tom

Comment

That looks great, always liked the look of these myself!

Is it relatively quick then?
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

It is by no means a fast car, but it does that clever thing of feeling quick. Its got a 6 speed box with reasonably short gearing so your never really caught out in the wrong gear with no guts unless your in 5th or 6th on a big hill.

There is a sport button which means (among other small changes) you get all the throttle travel in the first 15% of the pedal so it always feels like its going like hell.

Perfectly reasonable around town and it has coped fine on a couple of motorway journeys its done.

The big shock coming from the Z is the fact you can drive it like an italian winding the revs out through the lower gears and your still not breaking the speed limit.

Its certainly great fun. Very crashy ride though, almost on a par with previous cars I've had on cheap coilovers.

Comment

15% of travel must make it quite spikey in its delivery but sounds a hoot!!

I have also thought about one of these as a winter car but didn't take the plunge....and no snow yet is a plus side for me!!

Comment

Sorry, wouldn't be seen dead in one of those - and with a MC in the garage?!!
                          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                            Very harsh! they're a funky little thing!

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                              I can completely see how lots of people would take that view.

I think the key is to not take it too seriously, and I have a huge soft spot for subverted dreary econo-boxes.

Comment

Great wrote up. Really enjoyed reading that and your Eisemann set up sounds truly great

Nicely done in the Panda too!
                                S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X