Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello fellow Z3 M coupe owners

Hi All,
    I was studying Transport design at Coventry circa 1998 when I first learnt about the Z3M, since then I always though they looked amazing. Fast forward 15 years and I owned one and got to learn how capable it is as a drivers car. Now in 2019 I need to move on, I've loved owning the car but life is changing. I marketed the car at 27.750 and didn't get a sniff, I did abit of research add reduced the car by 5k thinking it was on par with like cars. On looking again the cars I was pitching mine against were insurance write off, Cat C,d, S or whatever! looking for your thoughts really, is it just the wrong time to sell?.....are people loosing interest? I have haven't its just life and I'd keep it if I could......just getting frustrated really, sorry to be negative I know selling cars is stressful. Dave
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190615_151734.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	255090
    I had it advertised on pistonheads hope the photo attached correctly?
    Attached Files

Sorry to hear you are selling the mc.
    Personally I would wait until spring if you can. Over the years it is noticeable that prices dip in autumn and buyers are few and far between. Prices and interest seem to firm up again in the spring, I guess because most people don't use them over the winter.
    It crosses my mind every year to buy half a dozen in the autumn and sell them in the spring. If only I had the garage space and the money! 😂
    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
    sigpic

Comment

I have recently purchased a car and agree with your sentiments.

A lot of cars with suspect past masquerading as collectibles. I haven’t studied the market in great detail, but I don’t think the list prices is an indicia of where they sell- most of the sellers of cars in the £20-25 range who I spoke to were quite happy to drop £5-8k quite easily (and sadly, many of those were the suspect cars).

I haven’t had enough time in the UK in winter to watch the market go through a cycle, but I’m already upset about leaving my car in the rain of the last few days...
      ‘99 M Coupe | ‘07 M5 Touring

Comment

Yeah I'll do that, wait till the spring and try again then. These cars with suspect past gave me an inaccurate gauge on what the cars were worth. I should have looked abit closer but was doing it in a rush!! Hopefully the spring will bring some positive interest. Cheers Guys
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X