M3, car share scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3, car share scheme

So guys, what do you think of this new idea the government are working on where they are going to close off or create a lane on the M3 to only be used by people who have more than one person in the car to incourage car sharing?
    Good idea
    0%
    Bad idea
    0%
    Will have to wait and see.........
    0%
    Its better to burn out than to fade away....

TWO,s Company

:roll: Sales of Blow up dolls will rocket!!!!!!!!!!!
    safetyfast

Comment

I have no problems in sharing a M3 :roll:

"Café-Racer mit Raketentrieb"

Comment

Problem is what's to stop thousands of drivers just using the lane by themselves, I would if I was late somewhere ops:

Comment

The 'High Occupancy Vehicle' Lane has been used in various cities in the US, with some success: I don't recall the specifics of the enforcement, but it seemed to work.

There are a lot more (and visible) police cars around generally in the bigger US cities with which I am familiar (Boston, Chicago) and people generally don't take a chance on getting caught (the fines are substantial).

Over here, I suspect there will be yet more cameras, I understand the next generation will be able to identify the driver, and unless the blowup doll is lifelike, i.e. not as grotesque (errr functional ops: ) as the usual ones, I imagine the camera will spot the fake passenger

Dave
          SEP 2003: Bought 2002 Titanium Silver with Black Leather.
          OCT 2003: Adjustable interior Rear View Mirror.
          Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.
          AUG 2005: EXDOS Mod
          SEP 2006: Retrofit Cruise Control
          NOV 2007: SOLD

Comment

zzemmco..I had had the same idea! I wonder if we could do a group buy and get a discount? And about being life-like I mean come on keep it real there are more ugly girls than stunning ones....aren't there??????

Comment

I've seem and used them in the US and Canada. They seem to work really well, but they do tend to have more space than we do. They would have to be policed thou...in a rather draconian way to begin with as many people would take the piss.
              "Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is optional."
              http://www.tonycocks.com

Comment

I've lived in the USA on a couple of occasions. The commuter lanes are fantastic. They vary, depending upon the area, on the amount of passengers that are required for that particular lane (from 2-3 passengers). Seattle has particularly bad commuting traffic, and the commuter lane was a godsend to me. I just don't understand why it has taken this long to bring them to the UK. It is hard to avoid driving offenses in the US, as there are soooooo many cops on the road. There are also phone numbers posted, as road signs, for other drivers to report violators. However, I'm not sure we the resources to police this set up. Great idea, if it could be policed.
                From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Working...
                X