Imola S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imola S50

Last weekend we drove up from Cornwall to get my Coupe near Manchester. I will post some pics and update the thread but its just so lovely getting back into a coupe. (the faint smell of crayons)

I have been so busy recently with work but managed to snap a few quick pics over the weekend.
    Last edited by boostina3; 23-11-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boostina3 View Post
      Last weekend we drove up from Cornwall to get my Coupe near Manchester. I will post some pics and update the thread but its just so lovely getting back into a coupe. (the faint smell of crayons)

I have been so recently with work but managed to snap a few quick pics over the weekend.
      Car looks great - and that would be a nice driveway too!
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

does look good

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          does look good

thanks Dave, its a crappy pic but.....I will have some more to follow shortly. Ordered some proper detailing kit over the weekend.

Comment

Just gave the car a much needed detail, full clay, swirl removal and wax. Applied rubber treatment to all of the door sills/sunroof and windows
            I tried zymol rouge wax and I must say VERY impressed on how much depth it adds to the paint!

Before

After

Sorry about the dirty tires and the boot of the car have a blanket dog down the dogs.
            Next on the list interior/engine over the weekend (still have some leather dye from my old coupe so will be fixing a few imperfections on the interior :)

Really enjoying the car so far, also sorted out a few small things such as a very faint constant squeaking(caused pulley bearings) have a badge refurbishment kit on its way from never done, new wipers fitted.

Foolishly I should have taken more before and after pictures. Also I have not done any editing to the pictures posted, the rouge wax seriously adds so much depth!
            Last edited by boostina3; 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Looks great before and after lol

How much was the red wax!

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                Looks great before and after lol

How much was the red wax!

Thanks Indy, the red wax was http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1020662656017 from the US, much cheaper than from any place in the UK

Also I should have taken all the pictures on the same day in the same place as its chucking it down today and much darker than than the previous pics

Comment

am interested in some pics regarding the badge refurb!

Comment

Originally posted by boostina3 View Post
                    Thanks Indy, the red wax was http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1020662656017 from the US, much cheaper than from any place in the UK

Also I should have taken all the pictures on the same day in the same place as its chucking it down today and much darker than than the previous pics
                    link doesnt work ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      link doesnt work ?
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/270594830264...264%26_rdc%3D1

$61 + 15 shipping

Comment

Originally posted by gooner14 View Post
                        Thanks Gooner, that is one.

Sorry about the broken link
                        Last edited by boostina3; 05-12-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Went to my first UK car meet yesterday in fact it has been over a year since I went to a meet.
                          Texas meets= hot hot hot
                          UK meet=very cold and wet

Before we moved over I was either at a show or working on cars every weekend so it was nice to be back in the car scene.
                          The coupe was lovely to drive and got to stretch her legs on the M5 a bit as well nothing stupid but just nice to cruise at 80. The most miles I have put on her since I got it down to Cornwall.

I knew the coupe was in great shape but I literately had to wipe the dribble off of it from some Bimmer guys, they kept going on about the interior and paint.
                          It was also the first time the coupe has been driven in the rain since I have had it and I was very pleased on how well the water beaded off with the wax. Still looks like it was just washed and left in the garage but for some grime on the wheels and rear end.

Pics to follow shortly!

Comment

teasers
                            Last edited by boostina3; 17-12-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

great picture

Comment

Working...
                              X