Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice car..

but every time I see you say 'zed' I think of an even prettier nissan :P

Whereabouts are those outdoor nature shots taken ?

Comment

Are you going to keep the wheels original?

Comment

Glad things have worked out with the diff, still feel guilty about not being able to let you have mine!
        Absolutely nothing wrong with spending your hard earned money on what makes you happy!!
        Black S50

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
          Looks good......It's nice to see your car spending habits aired on the forum, you make me feel better about myself>
          LMAO!

It's more about showing how the car is coming along rather than pointing out how much has been spent on it. Perhaps what you call a journal, something which this place lacks IMO.

Originally posted by wifipirate View Post
          nice car..

but every time I see you say 'zed' I think of an even prettier nissan :P

Whereabouts are those outdoor nature shots taken ?
          Thanks dude.

The first few were taken down a subway near the millenium wheel, I cant for the life of me remember the name of the place though. If you decide to go down that area make sure you go 'tooled up' And the last two were taken at the docklands near London City Airport.

Originally posted by Tuesday View Post
          Are you going to keep the wheels original?
          Wheels will be going eventually but they are last on the list tbh. I've still got a few more important things to take care of first.

Originally posted by chippy View Post
          Glad things have worked out with the diff, still feel guilty about not being able to let you have mine!
          Absolutely nothing wrong with spending your hard earned money on what makes you happy!!
          No need to feel guilty Tony - I understood the situation you were in mate. It was pleasant dealing with you and good luck with the M5

Comment

Cars looking great...on a side note lowvdub, where did you find that ramp? I could do with one of those!!

Comment

Lowdub, have you got an "aerial" shot of the Supersprints off the car laid out like that?

Also, are those tiles from B&Q, I've recently laid my kitchen with some that look exactly the same

Comment

Incredible work and well documented too. I enjoyed reading the entire thread.
                Looking forward to see those seats in the car.
                Can,

'87 M3
                '95 M3 GT
                '00 M Coupé
                '04 M3 CSL

Comment

I thought I would give an update on the Z3M as it has been quite some time since I last done so.

As the previous page shows I acquired a pair of supersprint backboxes for the Breadvan. As I was a little concerned with how loud they were going to be I had them fitted the day before Santa Pod last year, which gave me the perfect opportunity to hear what they were like on a long journey. Suffice to say they sounded great - no boom whatsoever. I did read up on the problems with the fitament of these backboxes and this became apparent when my mechanic and I got to work in fitting these backboxes on. In the end I conceded that I would have to take it to an exhaust place at some point to get the backboxes aligned.

With the 3.46 LSD rebuilt and ready to go onto the car together with Sean @ Iridium Engineering screaming his head off to get the car into the workshop sooner rather than later so that he could get to work on the car, I drove down a couple of days after the Pod to drop the car off for some maintenance work and to have the 3.46 slipper fitted. While it was there it had the following done:

- Diagnostic vanos test
                  - Viton solenoid seals & uprated bolt kit
                  - Shims adjustment and replacement
                  - Relevant breather hoses renewed
                  - New accelerator cable fitted from dealers
                  - 3.46 LSD fitted and filled with 75w140 Royal Purple oil

And now for some pictures (some hoses had clearly seen better days):

Unsurprisingly the work done by Sean made a noticable difference to the performance of the car. The diff in particular has made the real difference - the car is an absolute animal off the line Hats off goes to Sean for this hard work and also having to put up with my constant barrages of texts and emails asking of what progress had been made and what needed to be done.

Comment

I recently decided that it was about time I had the oil changed in the Zed even though I had only covered around 1500 miles last year

As a result some Castrol 5w40 engine oil along with BMW oil filter and Vanos filter were ordered.

While I was at my local dealers I also decided to get some coolant and a new expansion tank. As the coolant has never been changed under my ownership and while im not certain when it was previously done I thought it would be worthwhile getting done. Together with this as the coolant expansion tank had yellowed over the years and with it annoying me considerably I decided to order that as well.

Finally! Having purchased my Recaro Pole Positions back late last year from Chippy on here, I finally got around to giving them to John @ Bespoke Leathering to work his magic just before Christmas. I decided not to get the Recaro logo stitched into the headrest as I wanted to keep it low key. Furthermore, I decided only to have the inner centres leathered in Imola and not the final follow through section on the seats for the very same reason. I have seen it done by Recaro from factory and IMO it looks a little OTT. The outer parts of the seats were also stitched up using red threading which ties in well with the rest of the interior.

On a seperate note, hats off goes to John for the amount of work he has put into the seats. Once again he has shown that his work is second to none - Nice one dude :wink:

To finish it off I also asked John to leather my CD Case in Imola which will contrast well in the passenger side cargo netting against the black carpet.

More to come soon.

Thanks for tuning in.

Comment

Looking very nice indeed, bet the seats will look great!

As well as the exhaust sounding good it looks even better, bigger but in a good way.
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Awesome! Love the way you're maintaining, customizing and tuning the MC.

Keep up the good work

Comment

The angles of the boxes looking from behind are easy to adjust as they hang on adjuster strap mounts, just need to loosen the olive clamps to the main exhaust.

Comment

Great writeup and an insane car.

Have the throttle bodies been synchronized? If so how did your mechanic do this?

Best regards,
                            Phil

Comment

Stunning car, love the low ride height!

Comment

Looking great!

Does the Honda aerial fit straight out of the box? If so I'll get one from Honda, as it really does make a difference to the looks for naff all money.

Comment

Working...
                                X