Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone FIA/GT Champuioship at Silverstone May 6-7 2006

OK

I know that this is actualy this wekend, byt due to a set of circumstances way out of my control(!!) I have the weekend free to do as I like.

So I am off to see some racing tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet up, drop me an email, post or phone on 07968 955419

Cheers

Roger
    GT3 Cobalt Blue. PCCB. Roll Cage. Buckets.

Ex M Coupe.

Now Gone

Did not read the post till today.
    Was a great race, really enjoyed myself, even my babygirl (20 months old) enjoyed herself for 6 hours without a cry (and a nappy change) .
    Great weather condition change from a full wet to a bright sun and three different makes on the podium, and five cars on the same lap after three hours of racing :shock: .

Some nice display of different car clubs (Porche/Ferrari/De Tomaso/Honda NSX/Corvette/Marcos & 1 Ascari KZ1

Regards

Comment

I have to admit standing there in the pouring rain for the GT3 race at 1200, I was wondering what I had done to piss so many people off. Everyone I rang up was basking in the sunshine!!

But it did clear and I spent 3 hours or so sitting in the sun at the top of the main Pit Grandstand, where you could see the main part of the pre Woodcote complex and all of the main drag down to the end of the Pit straight. Superb.Great racing and a huge taster for Le Mans next month.

And what of Silverstone?

Everybodys whipping boy. I hadnt been for about 10 years (shame) but what an improvement. Brilliant access, superb organisation and fantastic value for money entertainment.

Complete access to all Pit areas, drivers, transporters, wheel bays. All of the sights, smells and charisma that make these events so fascinating.

And all of the rides at the funfair were free!

Roger
      GT3 Cobalt Blue. PCCB. Roll Cage. Buckets.

Ex M Coupe.

Now Gone

Comment

Silverstone Meeting TT Race

Pity we didnt postup our plans week or so ago.I was in the grandstand opposite the BRDC suite, looking over the luffield complex & Roger E on Sunday.Great display of some interesting cars in the Clubs Area in paddock---WE could do the same!!!!!. :idea:
        safetyfast

Comment

Working...
        X