No announcement yet.

WELSH WEEKEND MEETING 3rd and 4th June 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well im not gonna have the car in time, so have fun guys, looking at each others machinary! :wink:

Comment

''

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M
        Seems there's no way back for me then, but that's a no brainer.

Thanks girls :)

Please Note
        The above posting was made by NeilM then deleted after this reply was posted.

Neil,

You chose to act the way that you did in March and now you may be able to act as if nothing happened, but for most other individuals, including me, we find it difficult to pretend that there is no "history" attached to you if we meet you in person. It's hard enough making the peace with your wife when you've had an argument and it's far harder making friends again with people you know less well than 'er indoors. You must accept that although we "know" each other in the "virtual world" of this forum, in truth we are all strangers to each other when we meet. You surely must have fallen out with people before and vow never to speak to each other again. Why should things be so different for you on this forum? The ownership of an MC doesn't mean that we should suspend normal social consequences of our actions.

It's often said that you only get one chance to create a first impression, and you blew it when you had your "moment" in March. You have given us all the impression that you are a "loose cannon" which might go off at any moment in time, and many of us are fearful that you might "let loose" again in our presence during the weekend which would certainly spoil things for everyone else. Since most of us participants are strangers to each other, we have no way of knowing what you are really like in the real world, so most of us are very much on our guard against you, even though we all might have completely formed the wrong impression of you. I am sincerely sorry that the situation has developed this way for you, and if you had bethought yourself before you decided to "kick-off" back in March, then none of this would've happened.

Your "Thanks girls" comment is absolutely unnecessary and clearly is further proof of your "loose cannon" traits which shows us that you really do lack the social graces to be readily accomodated into a group social situation. You are so ready to issue insults when things do not go your way. Do you suffer from Asperger's Syndrome? (That is a serious question)

Edit See the note above. Clearly NeilM has "reverted to type" by deleting his posts again. We were clearly right in refusing him to join us.
        /// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

''

Comment

Originally posted by NeilM
            I do not support or endorse the opinions of the Z3MCoupe cult within this forum
            Would anyone believe we actually wasted our time by seriously discussing the possibility of including NeilM in the group of participants for the Welsh Weekend :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :x :shock: :!: :!: :!:

This guy must be given an ASBO on this forum
            /// Exdos ///
            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
              You,ve been looking at Lee's pictures again, ( sorry, couldn't resist it ).
              Damn right...it's my PC desktop. Might get some T-shirts made up with the photos too...anyone want one?

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler
                Originally posted by Lee
                not sure of the best route?? but I am sure it will be on the M4!
                My usual route from Marlow to Chelt is the M40, A40 (takes about 65-75 mins) but the A40 is being 'tweaked', and there is about an hours delay due to the road works.
                An alternative is to take the M4 to Junc 15, then the A419 to Chelt. Once in Chelt there are a few routes to get to the Little Chef meet point.
                Trundler, Lee, j1muv et al - I also live in Cheltenham! Let me know if you still want any info jimbo (I won't be 'avin it large myself, though!).

Would be good to convoy up to Tewkesbury - not too early, mind (not long from here).

Trundler - very interested to read your A40 post - I use that route down to London and am going down this saturday leaving Chelt about 10am. Would we be better off avoiding at that time of day (I've been through a few months ago and it was 40ish for a few miles but not an hour's delay)?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by BenH
                  Trundler - very interested to read your A40 post - I use that route down to London and am going down this saturday leaving Chelt about 10am. Would we be better off avoiding at that time of day (I've been through a few months ago and it was 40ish for a few miles but not an hour's delay)?
                  Yep - avoid it at all costs. I live just round the corner from this and it's a nightmare. I know of a 3.5 hour journey from Witney to Oxford (that's all of 10 miles). It's calmed down a little bit now, but I'd still avoid it. I'd either blat up the A34 (they've finished buggering that one up now), or come off the Oxford Ring Road at the Marston turning, go through Elsfield and then rejoin the A40 at Forest Hill.

Paul

Comment

A40 - all I know is the traffic reports of the A40 in Ox (near the McDonalds r/about) and its supposed to be a nightmare.
                    Friends from Chelt came through at 6pm last sat eve and the traffic was terrible ...

Convoy - I was going to head through Chelt, then through B/Cleeve, and have a quick hack around the 'seven bends' (brings you out by the army base) into the back of Tewkes, I used enjoy that little blast!
                    The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                    RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Trundler, if you are intending coming via the A40 through Burford, why not get a bit of warm-up practice by going through Burford to Stow-on-the-Wold on the A424 then take the B4077 which will bring you directly to the meeting place? This is one of my very favourite driving routes.
                      /// Exdos ///

Comment

Details

Hi just wondered is it possible to just drop in on this meet ? I have a 6 month old daughter and there's no way id leave her overnight yet but id luv to come meet some other mc owners even for a couple of hours maybe ? Where is the meet starting ?

Comment

Re: Details

Originally posted by sibeck
                          Hi just wondered is it possible to just drop in on this meet ? I have a 6 month old daughter and there's no way id leave her overnight yet but id luv to come meet some other mc owners even for a couple of hours maybe ? Where is the meet starting ?
                          I'm afraid it's all or nothing, because we've got various arrangements booked en route.

Can't you leave your baby with her mother rather than leaving the baby alone all night :?:
                          /// Exdos ///

Comment

Dohhhhhh

I could leave her , if i wanted to sleep on the sofa for maybe 6 to 12 months Maybe next time , are there any other meet's planned for the near future ???1 day evnts ? Unofficial meets ???

Comment

Re: Dohhhhhh

Originally posted by sibeck
                              I could leave her , if i wanted to sleep on the sofa for maybe 6 to 12 months Maybe next time , are there any other meet's planned for the near future ???1 day evnts ? Unofficial meets ???
                              sibeck,

Sorry to seem a bit unfriendly, but moving a large group of motorists from A to Z over 2 days and keeping to a schedule takes quite a bit of organising.

You don't want to be on that sofa otherwise your daughter will have no siblings :wink:

All our meetings are "unofficial". There will be other meetings this year. Keep 'em peeled.
                              /// Exdos ///

Comment

Exdos,
                                I think that i'm goning to leave the A40 alone, as Oxford traffic is troublesome, but if I come up from the M4 on the A419, and though Chelt I can 'warm up the tyres' on a nice bit of twisty, just East of the meet point. 8)
                                Agreed the route you have descibed is good - I got married at Wyck Hill House, which is on that route ... just don't tell 'Mrs T' that that was a (small ish) percentage of the appeal!!!
                                The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                                RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Working...
                                X