WELSH WEEKEND MEETING 3rd and 4th June 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trundler
    And while I awaited collection, I chilled out in the sun (a little pink this a.m ops:), and ate a great lunch prepared by the lady of the house! Afterwards I ended up helping her husband dismantle a garden shed!!
    All very bizarre, but they could not have been friendlier!
    It all sounds like it could fit somewhere in "The League of Gentleman" Are you local?
    We already know the Benjamin character :wink:
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Welsh Weekend 3/4 June

Good to meetup with new drivers and old timers.Hope all enjoyed their particular favourite sections.Many thanks to Exdos for all the arrangements and plans, we all appreciate the time it takes.

Look forward to perhaps another progress drive later in year.
      safetyfast

Comment

ZZZEMMCO,
        Would be very interested in the BMWGB event at Silverstone - please let me/us know how we can get involved.

Cheers,
        Nick
        The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
        RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by exdos
          And while I awaited collection, I chilled out in the sun (a little pink this a.m ops:), and ate a great lunch prepared by the lady of the house! Afterwards I ended up helping her husband dismantle a garden shed!!
          All very bizarre, but they could not have been friendlier!
          It all sounds like it could fit somewhere in "The League of Gentleman" Are you local?
          We already know the Benjamin character :wink:
          Would you quit it, you :wink:
          My abiding memories of the weekend might be the awesome drives, but Exdos' league of gentlemen impressions will come a close second

Look forward to meeting again later in the year (if at all possible, could we make it well before or else after 11 September ops: - thanks)

Comment

Well my poor mcoupe is in need of some serious tlc the front spoiler is totally buggerd stone and sand rashed to hell after cleaning it you can see it needs a re spray and 10 mins from home my clutch started to go.

Comment

As for getting lost - blame Dave's sat-nav. If I hadn't turned us around, neither of us would have been seen again!! :)
              I'm afraid that John Cleese was guilty as charged… the detour had a couple of nice roads, so it would have been great (if the incident hadn't occurred). Glad you got home ok, if somewhat late.

As in the past, a thoroughly enjoyable day, reinforcing once again the need for more money to be spent on raising my confidence in the car… that is, I need more training, the car is still way more competent than I am. This was amply demonstrated in my last blat attempting to stay somewhere close the Steve and Maahny (I ended up nowhere close ops: ). Shortly after that I went off route (intentionally this time!) and went past the ancestral home (sadly no longer in the family) and over a few of the roads that I remembered from fifty years ago on a bicycle (and a Morris 8 ).

Again, thanks to exdos for putting together a cracking weekend, and great to meet everyone.
              SEP 2003: Bought 2002 Titanium Silver with Black Leather.
              OCT 2003: Adjustable interior Rear View Mirror.
              Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.
              AUG 2005: EXDOS Mod
              SEP 2006: Retrofit Cruise Control
              NOV 2007: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by THE ANIMAL
                Well my poor mcoupe is in need of some serious tlc the front spoiler is totally buggerd stone and sand rashed to hell after cleaning it you can see it needs a re spray and 10 mins from home my clutch started to go.
                So both you and Lee buggered your clutches after driving with me :!: :!: :shock: :evil:
                /// Exdos ///
                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

I dont think the 3 hrs of standstill traffic on the M4 and M40 and north circ helped especially after having caned the poor thing hard all morning and not letting it cool down properly.

Comment

I would like to thank Exdos for organising such a great weekend. Lesa and I enjoyed ourselves so much and are still reminiscing about it!

A massive thanks to ZZZEMMCO for his flawless leadership through the twisties. I can not believe that we could have such different driving styles...I have learnt so much. I find myself mimicking ZZZEMMCO in my daily driving now - just keeping speed around corners and using the revs rather than changing ever two seconds. Hopefully next time my fuel consumption will be on par with ZZZEMMCO rather than me playing red-light bingo and him having half a tank left :roll:

Thanks to Greenbat and Rachael too for making up the three. I couldn't have asked for more.

Finally, as some of you know, I was thinking about garaging my baby and getting a runabout for the week (Clio 172 or something). I was hoping that this would be Lesa's car and mine would be a weekend play thing. She thinks she's found the car that suits her and for me to use during the week....an M Coupe :twisted: :twisted:
                    So....if anyone is selling an Estoril or Silver M Coupe for £15k or less please let me know.

Comment

good luck finding one of those

Comment

2 M Coupes. Thats plain greedy James! :twisted:

You'll have to compete with Rags and Kevs in finding one. The hunt is on!

Comment

Working...
                        X