X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for volunteers to be moderators

Hi,

Sorry, I know this has been mentioned before, but while the server move went incredibly smoothly (thanks again to Paul), the re-design has been taking a while to get sorted.

In the meantime, I know a few of you have offered your services as moderators before, so I'd like to get that setup this week if possible.

The task shouldn't be too onerous as the forum pretty much runs itself. All we're asking for is that if you spot anything out of order, abuse towards other members, libelous, people advertising or spamming etc, that you can edit the post appropriately for example.

I know this can be a sensitive issue as some people might feel that the place is being over-policed. Let me assure you that isn't the case. Its just that when any forum gets beyond a certain size, you need to be online the whole time to keep on top of some things and that just isn't practical.

Its not like we're strict in terms of what people can post anyway and this "policy" won't change.

Thanks
    Cheers,

Mike.

Desert madness....MDS Forum

As per my PM a few weeks ago I am online more or less 16 hours per day and would be more than happy to help out.

However there are many more experienced MC owners on here.
    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

moderators

im available if required itll probably be the only time ive been moderate in my life

is there a set of guidelines that goes with the job???

ps if you turn me down i wont be offended
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I don't mind helping out
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

Only guideline is to use your common sense basically :)
          Cheers,

Mike.

Desert madness....MDS Forum

Comment

I can moderate, am usually on most times during the day.

Comment

Volunteers? I would be willing to do it for a small(ish) fee?

On a serious note, i would be more than willing to be a moderator as im also online a lot of hours of the day.

Current - BMW M6
              Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
              Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Same here, I am online a lot, have been a member of this forum for a while and also moderate a couple of other forums so am well versed with etiquette etc

Comment

Just for info Mike has had a wee nipper in the last week so I'm sure you guys will be added as mods when he has time to sort.

Simon.

Comment

Congrats to that man!

Comment

Working...
                    X