X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't do it, you'll regret it!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

• I know silver will never show the depth that darker colours offer, but pretty happy with this following an afternoon of manually trying to bring a little more shine to the MC after hibernation over the winter months

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

• you've done well there to get some depth...

It's easier with red, but a piece of cake with black lol.

Very impressed with what you have achieved there!
        Last edited by Jonnysideways; 07-04-2020, 04:15 PM.
        2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          It’s been a good run then!

I have been using mine less and less but still plan on keeping it. It doesn’t get used over the winter but I’ve bought a RS3 recently to do winter/weekend with kids in car, problem is that it is so fast/capable its hard to justify having both
          I had the same issue when I had my old RS4 and old E46 M3, I sold the M3, and should have sold the RS4 lol.

Possibly another in the don't do it camp, though I'm a serial car seller, so what would I know lol.

Comment

• Interesting. For me the MC replaced an AMG A45 (direct competition for the RS3).
            Like you say the AMG was so capable and brutally fast that if I’d kept it and the MC I’d probably not really have used the MC very much as it feels quite lethargic and dated in comparison. So I made the conscious effort to sell the A45 and replace it with the MC to give me my kicks, and a Kia Sportage to give me my practicalities!

And it’s worked well. I’m not really missing the AMG at all. I’m really learning to appreciate the power delivery & lairy road manners of the MC (well was before lockdown anyway) but have the Kia to keep mundane miles off of it.

I also have a Smart Roadster Brabus which is my “drive at 10/10ths” car.
            Mid engined & RWD. Unbelievable handling and utterly communicative but with insufficient power to get you into too much trouble.
            And totally satisfying to drive hard - you really have to be on your game to make rapid progress in it but after 14 years of ownership I think I have nailed that!

Maybe one day I’ll feel equally confident with the MC but currently I feel a bit in awe of it and desperately want to get some miles under my belt in it.
            Had hoped to take it Scottish Highlands next month but alas the lockdown looks to have that ruled out for now....
            ----------------
            David
            1999 M Coupe (S50)
            >>Read my journal here<<
            2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
            2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

• Yep... decent day that and still able to drive it daily during lockdown taking my wife to and from work in NHS

Comment

• Doing a good job there whichever way you look at it Good Work.

Comment

• Still the best mod to my MC (in fact technically the only mod given that all the AC Schnitzer 'mods' were dealer options ) massively improving the driving experience for me, over the OEM bus sized item - a Raid steering wheel with airbag, kindly fitted by CW years ago

Yes I'm bored under lockdown so just out messing with the camera
                  Last edited by Fat Tony; 26-04-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• love the honesty, great shot.

Comment

• Also just remembered the car does of course have a Simota filter fitted, so I take it all back about being the only mod

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                        Also just remembered the car does of course have a Simota filter fitted, so I take it all back about being the only mod

And Rogue rear mounts (bus sized wheel owner)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                          And Rogue rear mounts (bus sized wheel owner)
                          And the crappy EBC brake discs that the previous owner fitted. I’m just an embarrassment to myself. Must get these ATE items on while I have the time

Comment

• Love the Raid wheel. Been looking for one for ages, they seem to have become quite rare.
                            2001 S54 Silver with Red/Black interior. Totally standard.

Comment

• MC sailed through MOT again this morning. Happy days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatter View Post
                                Love the Raid wheel. Been looking for one for ages, they seem to have become quite rare.
                                Sorry, only just spotted. I sorted a group buy a good few years ago so there are a few MCs out there with them fitted. Great bit of kit

Comment

Working...
                                X