No announcement yet.

Z3M coupe vs E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger, SteveH must have copied and pasted my original post while I was still editing it, I changed my mind and didn't want to upset E30 lovers!!

Ok, I'm sure the particular model is rare but it still looks like a tarted up old 3 series which makes it common looking. It's like an Impreza WRX (don't shoot me) take a sensible family car and make it sporty. The MC was designed from the outset to be a sports car and IMO looks a lot more like one.

Nice to see Neil M 'spicing' the threads up again!
    Last edited by chopper; 26-02-2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I actually quite like the looks but I also like other boxy cars from that era with flared arches e.g. audi quattro, r5 turbo (proper one), lancia delta evo etc.
      What I hate is the 'halfords' look which if kept standard I think these cars avoid.

I think the thing I couldn't live with is
      1. the interior
      2. the LHD aspect.
      3. being dusted at the traffic light gp by a 17 yr old in a hot hatch
      Ex 2001 S54
      New cars:
      Lotus Carlton
      350Z

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        Bugger, SteveH must have copied and pasted my original post while I was still editing it, I changed my mind and didn't want to upset E30 lovers!!

Ok, I'm sure the particular model is rare but it still looks like a tarted up old 3 series which makes it common looking. It's like an Impreza WRX (don't shoot me) take a sensible family car and make it sporty. The MC was designed from the outset to be a sports car and IMO looks a lot more like one.

Nice to see Neil M 'spicing' the threads up again!
        I like the E30 M3 for what it is, what I don't care for is this fcukwit slagging us all off and our cars. So I for one will be glad to see dickweed's (Joezm) car go to a deserving owner, as per his advert - http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5830

Comment

One of the things that makes owning an M Coupe so good is that you can't drive it flat out without learning it first, and even then you need to mod sort the handling / brakes. I'm sure M3 Evos are very good in the same way my ford puma handled very well but then it didnt have enough power .....

Keep the insults to minimum tho guys, we are better than that

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
            ... Keep the insults to minimum tho guys, we are better than that
            Since when and this one deserves every insult he gets and more.

Broccers, stop being so PC it doesn't suit you.

Comment

Positives from this thread are
              1) that we are united in our appreciation of 'our' Z3MCs
              2) we do appreciate qualities of other BMWs and marques
              3) dis-approve of F***wits!!
              and I, for one, are glad to be on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M View Post
                So I for one will be glad to see dickweed's (Joezm) car go to a deserving owner, as per his advert - http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5830
                It's strange that it doesn't mention in the advert that the car handles "like a canoe on wheels"

Your right broccers, we are better but being on here tonight has been far more entertaining than watching Eastenders with r lass...and well said SteveH

Comment

Agreed glad to see one of our old chums back. I for one always hankered after an E30, but that was years ago. I ended up with an E36 version instead because it was a bit dated. I still wish I'd got one instead of my 325 sport.

There's a red conv. E30 M3 on the car park at work, even though it looks a bit past it's best I still envy the owner, even better with a roof!!
                  Shunt
                  Ex Z3MC 2000
                  Ex Z4MC 2007
                  Aston V8V
                  M135i

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M View Post
                    Broccers, stop being so PC it doesn't suit you.
                    OK - fuck off Neil

As you were ....

Comment

Here you go, this is more sporty looking, an E30 2 seater!!!
                      Last edited by chopper; 17-08-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

In the interests of balance and to tone down the flourery language

I decided I hate butter and have swapped to

http://www.margarine.org.uk/

great for pastry

Will, Lurpak will never defeat the mighty Margarine empire

Lets end this thread
                        Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

I was actually going to go and see Joe's car on Sunday afternoon, but didn't in the end as I went for one that I saw in the morning and pounced on the spot. I have had a couple of fairly lengthy phone conversations with him and he didn't come across as the loon that he would appear from some admittedly rather bizarre posts on here!

I did think about an E30 M3 on the journey that led me to wanting an MC but decided not to for some of the reasons others have mentioned - I don't particularly like the exterior styling, the interior is shocking compared with what I used to these days (I preferred my 7!) and I bet it's hard to find a decent straight one that hasn't been thrashed to within an inch of its life

But more importantly I did think "oh here we go" when Neil introduced himself to me at the Pistonheads meet as "the forum nutter" Turned out to be an OK guy though!
                          www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

Right here we go.

I owned and drove an E30 M3 hard for 5 years and 30000 miles.

The thing with the E30 is it's more than the sum of it's parts and I would have to say if you haven't been there a lived with one for any period of time than don't knock them.

The LHD bit takes about a day to get your head around(Apart from after filling up with fuel when i would rountinely make a cock of myself by opening the passenger door).

They are without a doubt one of the best drivers cars ever built,they don't get voted in the top 5 of just about all the 'Drivers car' articles for no reason. What people should maybe remember is speed isn't everything.

One thing the Coupe will never have is a racing pedigree, look at the E30's record. The most sucessfully Touring car every built nothing comes close to the number of race/series wins the E30 had.

The road cars aren't just tarted up 320's. (Only shares the bonnet with a standard 3 series, even the front and rear screens are different).

As for being BETTER or Worse than a Coupe who knows I certainly don't know yet, but I do know I should never have sold my E30.

Will owning a coupe be as rewarding I'll have to wait and see.... I hope it will.
                            Love it hate it Marmite exterior, Jaffa cake interior... Perfect

Comment

i will own an e30 M3 at some point not for the speed element but for the same reason as the MC i just love it!

Comment

Personally, I absolutely love the E30 M3; especially in 'Sport Evolution' guise.

As somebody said earlier, driving pleasure is so much more than just speed; it's the feel of the car as you drive it down the road, the response to throttle and steering inputs, the feel of the tyres, linear body control, and pleasure of a balanced and taut chassis.

The E30 M3 has these qualities in spades, plus a killer homologation-inspired stance and silhouette, coupled with an impeccable motorsport legacy. It absolutely reeks of competition focussed engineering. Dedicated, undiluted, and purposeful.

A brilliant car -- not better than the Z3M, just different.

Comment

Working...
                                X