Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unscheduled oil service plus other jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unscheduled oil service plus other jobs?

Since I've moved close enough to work to walk my car only registered 2500 miles between MoTs last year.

Last service was the bigger of the two main inspections in Jan 2012 so there are still 4 green service indicator lights lit up.

I'm thinking I should get an additional oil change done just to show the car some attention and add to the paperwork. Mileage is just under 36000 and the only occasional noise my paranoia hears is a slight creak turning left.

Are rear suspension mounts degraded by age due to perishable material, mileage or driving style. Just thinking about jobs to get done whilst it's proving so economical to run.
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Originally posted by 'Yadi View Post
    Since I've moved close enough to work to walk my car only registered 2500 miles between MoTs last year.

Last service was the bigger of the two main inspections in Jan 2012 so there are still 4 green service indicator lights lit up.

I'm thinking I should get an additional oil change done just to show the car some attention and add to the paperwork. Mileage is just under 36000 and the only occasional noise my paranoia hears is a slight creak turning left.

Are rear suspension mounts degraded by age due to perishable material, mileage or driving style. Just thinking about jobs to get done whilst it's proving so economical to run.

My rear mounts went after similar mileage so worth getting them looked at. BMW told me to have a service every 2 years even for cars doing little mileage

Comment

I have the oil and filter changed every 6 months. Might be OTT but worthwhile investment IMO.
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Working...
      X