Choose a colour scheme for the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose a colour scheme for the forum

OK, its over to you guys. I've changed the options under your user profile.

Click on your profile and then scroll down to the Preferences section.

You can now pick a Board Style.

Try them out and see which one you prefer.

None of them are complete, but we now have enough knowledge on board to setup one of them correctly to integrate with the rest of the site design. None of them are perfect either and I realise each has their strong and weak points - size of fonts etc.

Anyway, have a quick look and then vote for the one you prefer. Then we'll spend some time to get it sorted out as the main theme for the forum.

If you know of a better phpBB skin we could try, let us know here.

The more views and votes the better.
    Artemis
    0%
    Chunkstyle
    0%
    Morpheus
    0%
    Softmetal
    0%
    Cheers,

-Mike

I voted for Morpheus, but which one are you talking about? The "Gray" or "Blue" version? Prefer the gray.
    Imola S54

Comment

ps. is it right that it doesn't go the width of the screen now, and just appears in the middle part of the screen (if you know what I mean)?
      Imola S54

Comment

Originally posted by bungle
        Prefer the gray.
        Changed my mind, prefer the blue version now :roll:
        Imola S54

Comment

lol.

Yes, the final version will probably go the width of the menu banner. Looks a bit neater IMO. Although if people want it to go the full screen width, just say.
          Cheers,

-Mike

Comment

Morpheus, the grey one.
            Ex -'99, Cosmos Black/Black, HK, Elec Roof.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
              Although if people want it to go the full screen width, just say.
              I'd prefer it to go the full width, but that's just IMHO :roll:
              Imola S54

Comment

Don't forget that things like fonts/font sizes and colours can be tweaked so it's just the overall look that you need to like :)
                Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

Personally I like Softmetal and think it would look quite good with the ///M background and the current menu/header.

I also like Morpheus - currently prefer grey, but if we tweak the blue so that it is darker and not so vibrant I think I'd be happy with that one.

I like Chunkstyle too, but I think with the dark grey menu/header we'll be using it might not work as well as softmetal. The fonts in Chunkstyle are easily fixed (much more of a problem on the Mac than the PC as it doesn't specify a decent Mac font so the Mac makes do with something else).

I also like Artemis.. but too close to Morpheus perhaps. Again would look quite different with the width fixed and the menu/header & Background in place.

So in order of preference:

SoftMetal
                  Morpheus DARK Blue
                  Morpheus Grey
                  Artemis
                  ChunkStyle

what do you mean we're only allowed one vote!?! ;)
                  Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

RE: forum width.. you could adjust the top menu image so that it fades to grey and then repeats to the right, you could then use the ///M as the right had border image and insert that at the end of the row.

That way you can specify the menu table to be a %age of the screen width and expand as the user expands the window - that way it will be the same width as the forum below and look better if people want it in WWWIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEE screen :)

Or we could keep it as 780px ;)
                    Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

OT: Screen width

Originally posted by bungle
                      Originally posted by ascender
                      Although if people want it to go the full screen width, just say.
                      I'd prefer it to go the full width, but that's just IMHO :roll:
                      I'm with bungle, I would really like to see the messages take advantage of the full width of the screen (or at least be able to be expanded to fill the user-specified window size). Right now, I have Morpheus Dark Blue selected under my Profile. I have a Mac with a 17-inch screen, and the forum is displayed centered (good) but the messages etc are swamped by the two grey areas on each side.

Going back on topic, the directions(?) for 'Mark all forums read', 'View posts since last visit' etc don't quite stand out enough in the blue colour against the dark grey. Could this grey be lightened up a bit everywhere that it is used?

Generally looking good though, keep up the great work.

Just my two cents-worth :)
                      SEP 2003: Bought 2002 Titanium Silver with Black Leather.
                      OCT 2003: Adjustable interior Rear View Mirror.
                      Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.
                      AUG 2005: EXDOS Mod
                      SEP 2006: Retrofit Cruise Control
                      NOV 2007: SOLD

Comment

morpheus grey for me
                        PhilT.

2002 S54
                        Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

I'm on Morpheus Dark Blue, but agree about the half screen business, I know ur still playing chaps but in terms of aesthetics it's now bad ! :cry:

Can't you experiment in an area that isn't used ??! :?:

My other fave forum www.bm3w.co.uk (also phpBB - can u copy them ?) is a model of clarity and simplicty in comparison now.

Sorry, I'm sure u'll get there in the end but it annoys me each time I login now. ops:
                          -------------------------
                          Ex Ex Ex: 1998 M Coupé, Estoril/Estoril+Black. HK+ MD+CD Changer, roof, side bags, lamp wash.
                          Ex Ex: 1998 M3 Evo Coupé, Estoril / Blk with all the toys.
                          Ex: 2004 Z4 3.0i, Silver / blk with no roof.
                          Now: 2003 M3 CSL, Silver Grey, lots of carbon fibre.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm playing ball here but I really prefer the set-up that it defaulted to when I logged on, which was the subsilver (first one with the black font). Found this the easiest to read and least cluttered out of alll of them.

Great effort from everyone involved though. Much appreciated!!

Comment

See, this is the frustrating thing about the forum. This thread has had over 100 views and only 10 votes. Even counting the forum regulars (and repeat viewings) that's a poor response and doesn't explain why people aren't voting.
                              Cheers,

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X