Anyone else had this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else had this?

noticed wet patch under front right of car just behind wheel. There's a steady slow drip looks like water. I had considered it might be air con but now suspect it's the hose to the screen wash on the back window. Will wait to see if bottle empties this evening. Just can't suss out why it would have split....
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Most likely to be the pipe that connects to the rear washwipe.

Comment

Try washing the back window: if it's what you think it is you'll suddenly find a much bigger puddle.

If it's the same as what happened to me, it'll be the connection that's almost impossible to get at behind the brake servo. There's simply not enough holding it on, and completely disconnects itself. I managed to get it back together with the assistance of a coat hanger - I think I posted details here at the time.

Paul

Comment

Bloody nuisance this disconnecting rear washer pipe.

I find that if my washer jet attached to the rear wiper gets any crap in it blocking it at all, then the back pressure causes the pipe to fly off. Pain in the *rse to reattach as previously discussed.

At present have a washer pipe floating around the engine bay as am fed up with it. Have to be careful not to let the end of it drop below the washer bottle otherwise I seem to find the latter drained of its contents - presume by siphoning.

Comment

thanks as always fellas. 'Reassuringly' the washer bottle is the one that's lost fluid overnight. Replacement manifold sourced by BMW sowill get this hose fixed under warranty when the car goes in.
          ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
          now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by pdwarren View Post
            Try washing the back window: if it's what you think it is you'll suddenly find a much bigger puddle.

If it's the same as what happened to me, it'll be the connection that's almost impossible to get at behind the brake servo. There's simply not enough holding it on, and completely disconnects itself. I managed to get it back together with the assistance of a coat hanger - I think I posted details here at the time.

Paul

Easiest way is from inside the car; remove the lower pedal cover and pull back the carpet/underlay. You can then pull the grommet inside the car and behind that is the connection; connect it back up then push the grommet back in the bulkhead.

Comment

Working...
            X