Rear glass screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c_w View Post
    Nearly 4yrs on, how's your window Dave? Any signs of the milkyness returning?
    No still looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      new screen fitted,

No Forum sticker !

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
        No Forum sticker !
        It was on the side window

Comment

Dave can the rear window be replaced easily with the ACS rear wing still in position or does it need to come off?

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
            Dave can the rear window be replaced easily with the ACS rear wing still in position or does it need to come off?
            The wing should be bonded to the glass so you need to remove it completely and then re-bond to new glass

Comment

I thought so, thanks Dave.

Comment

I have the normal wind deflector fitted and was removed when i had mine fitted..Old one was removed with a strong cheese wire gadget..didnt take the guys long at all 40 mins tops !

Comment

Any tips on who best to buy from, or is this a BMW dealer only part

Comment

Some people have gone thru their insurance

Comment

I believe it is a BMW only part, but could be corrected?

My insurance replaced mine a few years ago, just had to pay the excess (£60 I think).
                      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Any tips on who best to buy from, or is this a BMW dealer only part
                        I would get it from a dealer - BMW glass isn't as expensive as some of their other parts

Comment

BMW have these for £272 including car club discount of 10%. The parts guy said they had 22 left in Germany, I wonder if they will make any more once these have gone?

Comment

BMW have these for £272 including car club discount of 10%. The parts guy said they had 22 left in Germany, I wonder if they will make any more once these have gone?
                            I would think so

Comment

Why not? Likely same for non m coupes also.
                              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

BMW have these for £272 including car club discount of 10%.
                                Mine was £200 back in October 2014 so looks like price has increased a bit. The paint shop which did my respray got the it for me as it was a cheaper than me buying it through dealer with 10% discount, think the quote was around £240 when I enquired.
                                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                                1986 M635
                                1985 E28 M5
                                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                                X