No announcement yet.

My S50 Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days after the work and i cannot wipe the grin off my face. The car feels like it should of done all along. Ive only done 60 miles with the new set up but they have been the best 60 miles with the car by far. I have one issue. When going over bumps i am feeling a knock. I believe its from the arb. I can feel it moving. I need to get under and see if everything is tightened up. Coming from my previous car with double wishbone suspension and HSD Coilovers, I can finally say I am happy with my coupes handling.

I still have the Steering rack to fit but after the weekend i had i thought i would leave it for another weekend. I still have loads of little niggly problems. My window clips have broke(got new ones) My oil temp gauge is knackered,

My ABS light has also come on. I changed the sensor but still on. I am thinking its the controller. Will have to investigate this further.

Comment

[QUOTE=dollag;135972]2 days after the work and i cannot wipe the grin off my face. The car feels like it should of done all along. Ive only done 60 miles with the new set up but they have been the best 60 miles with the car by far. I have one issue. When going over bumps i am feeling a knock. I believe its from the arb. I can feel it moving. I need to get under and see if everything is tightened up. QUOTE]

Sounds good.

I also have got a bit of a knock I need to look for but think it is probably the exhaust that is catching something?

Comment

Been a while since I updated my journal.

Carried out some work on the car including:

New fuel pump
        New O2 sensors
        General wear and tear items like tyres

I decided to trim my airbox (exidos mod) and install a pipercross panel whilst guttering my back boxes

[IMG][/IMG]

I decided that the car needed a lower stance and since I already changed the dampers, I got myself a set of h&r lowering springs to compliment them.

[IMG][/IMG]

My friend was breaking his m3 evo and had a set of 840ci brembo calipers and oem e46 floating discs along with braided hoses. He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. They were painted red but I tried one on the car and the red didn't go with the imola, imo anyway so I decided to change the colour.

[IMG][/IMG]

A bit of drying

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

All on the car. Haven't finished yet as have black brembo vinyl in the post and needs a bit of touching up. Had to run 20mm spacers up front also even though the wheels have a lower offset than oem. Seems that the style of the rim doesn't help.

[IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by dollag; 16-06-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

The knocking could be the front droplinks..they have to be tightened up,then tightened up again really tight!

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
            The knocking could be the front droplinks..they have to be tightened up,then tightened up again really tight!
            It was the drop links but sorted that out a while ago

Comment

So the coupe had valve clearance done at eta motorsport in Kent and whilst up on the ramp, we spotted the boot floor coming away and the diff mount cracked :( I booked it in straight away but had a 6 week waiting list due to all the m3's that were booked in for the same reason.

I took the car car home and stripped out the interior and sound dampening to try and save labour costs. Looked like a botch job was previously done.

[IMG][/IMG]

I dropped the car in last week and left it with eta to work their magic. Below is the finished result. I haven't taken any pics under the car yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

All back together now and due to carrying out some of the labour myself, the price was fairly reasonable.

I need a new diff mount bush as mine had basically fallen apart.

Comment

Working...
              X