Air Con Dryer O-rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Dryer O-rings?

I've replaced the dryer on my car (the part that sits behind the driver's headlight). In anticipation I bought new o-rings for the compressor and dryer. According to realoem the compressor has 1x14mm (64508390603) and 1x11.1mm o-ring (64508390602) and they fitted fine.

However the dryer specifies 2x11.1mm o-rings with the same part number, 64508390602, but they do not fit properly, they are much smaller/thinner and really loose on the pipe. So for now I've refitted the old o-rings which looked in good condition. They are noticeably fatter and green in colour.

I can't remember if there was a thread mentioning this or it's an error on realoem?

Pretty sure realoem is wrong with the part numbers, here's a thread with some details

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12682

Comment

Thanks Dave, thought I'd seen something about it before. Nothing specific in the thread though unfortunately.

After a bit of searching, I think these two parts numbers could be right;

Comment

I bought the silver and purple ones last time but none fitted, I think the green one is listed as fitting on the E46

Comment

Do you recall the part numbers for the rings you bought?

Just that the 601 is listed for E36 M3 3.2 which surely has to be same as our cars?

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
            Do you recall the part numbers for the rings you bought?

Just that the 601 is listed for E36 M3 3.2 which surely has to be same as our cars?

Sorry dont remember the part numbers but the 601 appears smaller diameter at 7.65mm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Power...wAAOSwB09YMxfT

Comment

I might give that a go as the o-rings are def smaller and chunkier than the 11.1mm I had for it which just well back off and didn't sit right in the recess.

I forgot to ring Williams Stockport for a price (well I tried and it just rang out like it often does), and forgot to ring back!!

Comment

Working...
              X