Which battery should I go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which battery should I go for?

I have not driven my car for nearly a month as I have been away and unfortunately but hardly surprisingly, the battery was dead!

I jump started it and all was fine until this morning, despite giving it a good run yesterday!

Looks like the battery is kaput as it runs at 14V ish when at idle, so the alternator is trying to charge - but the battery seems low when the car is off.

So, which batter should I get? 65A? or 90A!

Getting it from Halfords as unfortunately thats my only option!

Apparently a dealer price isn't that bad?

Comment

will check this out.

Comment

I got an audi battery for my A3 for almost the same price as Halfrauds were trying to charge. And they didn't charge me to put it in (although I had just spend £1,500 + fitting for a new dash and drive computer).

Jez
        1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

£80+vat!!!!!

Comment

I don't know how much the batteries for these cars are, but as it's a quite a big now I'd think it's going to be at least £60/70? Not sure if you have a CostCo near you but they sell the top Bosch ones.

Comment

i got one from halfords for £90 to find out the BMW one is only £10 more!

Comment

Originally posted by BEN View Post
                i got one from halfords for £90 to find out the BMW one is only £10 more!
                That's what I was thinking, and for that £10 it does always look better to have the BMW branding on it, regardless of the fact it's probably not better than the halfords one.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                  That's what I was thinking, and for that £10 it does always look better to have the BMW branding on it, regardless of the fact it's probably not better than the halfords one.
                  it was to late by then

Comment

You can buy BMW stickers off ebay

Comment

yep, bought it and it was £99 in total with a 2 year no quibble warranty.

K&M autotechniks actually sourced it for me from BMW as I work right near them!

It was obver £100 from BMW directly,

Oh well...

Comment

i bought one at the start of the year from halfords and went into my local stealers a week later and they were only £67

on the plus side halfords gave me a 3 yr gaurantee
                        and when i parked it up whilst i was away for 3 weeks went back flat as a kipper
                        they replaced it no questions asked theyll also replace it any where in the country if you keep the reciept in the car

thing was i think it was my fault because i hit the indicator stalk getting out and left the park light on--- can you disable this as i was nearly caught out again
                        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                          thing was i think it was my fault because i hit the indicator stalk getting out and left the park light on--- can you disable this as i was nearly caught out again
                          I'm not sure, I think you just need to be careful not to leave the parking light on!

Comment

Working...
                          X