S54 Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
    I have added the colour break down on the "stats" thread for the 123 UK S54's and have started on the S50's which will take a while longer!
    nice one! and good luck

Click here to email me

Comment

Just caught up on this thread. Well done indy. Absolutely brilliant information.
      Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Sorry for digging this thread up from the depths, but I have some info to add.

With regards to the South African S54 M Coupes, I have confirmed that the 39 cars built for the South African market all arrived and were sold in SA.
        The next step is the slightly more difficult task of trying to see if any of them were not equipped with the AC Schnitzer options... I'm working on this.

In terms of total RHD S54 production, my numbers match the ones counted by Indy & Dave - 165. This is counting the VINs in the two batches 000-082 & 200-281. As for the three "missing" cars, I have seen someone mention there were three S54 cars that show up in the RealOEM database with build dates of before 09/2000 (which is when 000 was made). However, I have looked at these three build months and all S54 cars where LHD...

Which lead me to investigating this suggestion:

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
        There may have been 3 pre production cars (the vins will be in sequence but production date will be before Feb/01) or press cars (the options list will confirm them).

The Roady's had 6 prototypes or press cars and originally reported as 79 made but there are only 73 so its obvious the prototype/press cars where double counted. May well be the same for the 3 "missing" coupes ?
        The first two RHD S54 cars produced are specified as S916A - Development Vehicle w/o preservation. The first is in Australian Spec and the second is South African spec (although it is different to the other 38 SA cars, I have confirmed it was actually imported an sold on in SA). The third car is the first GB car, which is given the code S991A - Pre-series management (or something along those lines).

After those three cars, there are a handful of press cars, but nothing as obviously prototype/preseries as that.

One has to conclude that those three cars were counted twice. So the production figures are 165 cars including 3 development vehicles and not 165 plus 3 development vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSSchnitzer View Post
          Sorry for digging this thread up from the depths, but I have some info to add.

With regards to the South African S54 M Coupes, I have confirmed that the 39 cars built for the South African market all arrived and were sold in SA.
          The next step is the slightly more difficult task of trying to see if any of them were not equipped with the AC Schnitzer options... I'm working on this.

In terms of total RHD S54 production, my numbers match the ones counted by Indy & Dave - 165. This is counting the VINs in the two batches 000-082 & 200-281. As for the three "missing" cars, I have seen someone mention there were three S54 cars that show up in the RealOEM database with build dates of before 09/2000 (which is when 000 was made). However, I have looked at these three build months and all S54 cars where LHD...

Which lead me to investigating this suggestion:

The first two RHD S54 cars produced are specified as S916A - Development Vehicle w/o preservation. The first is in Australian Spec and the second is South African spec (although it is different to the other 38 SA cars, I have confirmed it was actually imported an sold on in SA). The third car is the first GB car, which is given the code S991A - Pre-series management (or something along those lines).

After those three cars, there are a handful of press cars, but nothing as obviously prototype/preseries as that.

One has to conclude that those three cars were counted twice. So the production figures are 165 cars including 3 development vehicles and not 165 plus 3 development vehicles.
          Have you seen this thread?

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16941

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            That's the AU Spec development vehicle - great to know that it was preserved and sold on. I need to double check on 69001, I recall that it was first sold in Gauteng but I didn't check the date of sale.

Comment

S54 Register

Sold to BMW New Zealand late 2002.First registered New Zealand 7 Jan 2003
              Kilometres 2332.

Comment

Working...
              X