Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football

Does anyone else not get it , I can't see the attraction of watching over paid Nancy's chasing a ball , I'd rather take the dog to the beach and watch it chase a ball !

I get it but have been loosing interest due to there being far too many foreign players destroying our national side and the fact everything to do with the game is driven by money
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I've never been to a game in my life , everyone around me is obsessed by it in the north west , more so than my home area of north east .
      One guy in the pub was mocking Newcastle for losing to Liverpool to me and someone had to step in and point out that I wouldn't even know when Newcastle were playing , never mind who

Comment

I feel this way about most of the mass sports... and I was quite surprised how every bar/pub have multiple big screens in the UK.

I never find much sense in this kind of fanhood/cheering (and drinking), but this doesn't apply for rare ones that have genuine passion for a sport...

That said and being a petrolhead, I'm thinking about starting to watch F1 again this year (after ~15 years of absence)...

Comment

5 years in football tv broadcast. Hospital visits 2. Nice comfy chair 0. God I hate football fans, clubs security (non existent) police at the club's (hey guys were on the same side just trying to get through this yeah?) Smelly bloody concrete prisons, no taxis, your a twat first then oh you work here? and seriously wtf is a £5 chicken balti pie. Mugs. Quite happy now though that's all 2 years behind me. If anyone wants the security codes to any club just think of spaceballs and your not far away.

Comment

Which TV company did you work for ? You may have crossed paths with a mate of mine !

Comment

Can't really say without getting into some kind of litigation probably. However it's a very small world so the likelyhood is quite high. I'd rather not go back however.

Comment

I may be able to help those 'not getting' football. Join me for a thrilling Saturday afternoon at Meadow Lane watching Notts County trying to avoid relegation to the bottom rung of the football league and you just might be converted. No?

Comment

Originally posted by paulwirral View Post
                  Does anyone else not get it , I can't see the attraction of watching over paid Nancy's chasing a ball , I'd rather take the dog to the beach and watch it chase my balls!
                  Fixed it for you
                  And whole heartidly agree
                  Bunch of over paid cnuts
                  [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Ahh , I wondered why those people on hoylake beach phoned the police the other day
                    Didn't realise being tickled was so illegal , in public anyway

Comment

Money???

Roooo-Nee. . £300k a WEEK???!!! with a Weetabix on his head!!

Comment

Prefer Rugby

My Son met a couple of Footballers in a London Bar a. While ago and was chatting away, "what do you guys do" ? he asked. They appeared shocked at such a question, it turned out they were both Chelsea players, Drogba and Cole, he did not have a clue who they were, and they seemed to enjoy the lack of grovelling for an Autograph. They got on famously and had a very normal non a Football chat.
                        Jke11y

Comment

I hope they paid for the beers!!
                          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

A moronic game played by moronic people for the pleasure of morons.....

Comment

Originally posted by RichB View Post
                              A moronic game played by moronic people for the pleasure of morons.....
                              Ha ha , couldn't agree more , a good mate of mine lifted the fa cup as captain of Everton and that's what I keep telling him
                              Yesterday's footballers , today's drunks

Comment

Working...
                              X